PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while

Maidenmichelle
09-01-16, 10:23 PM
Last few years have been a struggle. Mainly cos I found Iv got hypothyroidism. Iv job hopped a few times since leaving my first job after 5 years cos my boss didn't take too kindly to my mental health. Having problems in a current job as G4S Healthcare cleaner cos I was ill and my supervisor wouldn't send me home. She didn't believe me I was sick. Iv since been off, doctors orders. But I'm still being punished with disciplinary action against me. I'm getting support from the union and gonna stick it out. But if I really can't handle it, my next step is to declare self employment cos I now house clean for a few people under Maid2Clean.

I knew G4S have a bad rep as it is all over the world.

My stepdad is still passive aggressively abusing me now he got what he wanted to be on Carers allowance, which I was on before.

Suzi
09-01-16, 10:38 PM
Hi and welcome back. I'm sorry it's not for better reasons. My 12 year old has just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (amongst other things) and I know how much different she is now she's on medication.
If you are signed off by your Dr and you are using union support I'm not sure that working is something you should be doing...

Maidenmichelle
09-01-16, 10:43 PM
I was only signed off for a week cos I couldn't get rid of my sinusitis, which I had to see a different doctor about to get some antibiotics. I do feel I'm being discriminated for having an illness again. I work in a hospital for god sake :(

purplefan
10-01-16, 12:20 AM
Sorry to here your going through a bad time again welcome back and hope you get over it quickly.

Paula
10-01-16, 11:52 AM
I have hypothyroidism, it's ok when the meds are doing their job but I had about 7 months last year when I dipped and it took a while to get my T results back to normal, so I understand

I'm glad your Union is supporting you

Maidenmichelle
16-01-16, 11:27 PM
Managed to get things sorted at work. Turns out it was their fault for putting me in a high risk ward and assumed I could clean it, when they should have asked me if I can do it. So now Iv requested further training and to be kept away from high risk wards from now on.

Angie
17-01-16, 12:19 AM
Glad that you are sorted at work hun x

Suzi
17-01-16, 11:18 AM
Well done for sorting it.

Paula
17-01-16, 11:51 AM
How's the thyroid?