PDA

View Full Version : TFT and EFT

Hugo-agogo
11-12-15, 05:06 PM
TFT stands for Thought Field Therapy, and EFT for Emotional Freedom Technique.

Some of you will have heard of these before, but I thought I would post something about them as I have been using them a lot lately.

TFT involves tapping acupressure points to balance the system. The idea is that if you do so while holding distressing thoughts in your mind (a "thought field") you diffuse them. EFT grew out of TFT and is very similar.

While emotional problems can be complex, and going through a tapping routine is unlikely to solve them overnight, all I know is that it seems to do something. It's like it has a subtle balancing affect, which is what it's meant to do, and brings some relief. If used regularly it might bring about lasting change.

Because TFT uses many different sequences, or "recipes" depending on the ailment, it's not practical to reproduce them here, but EFT uses one catch-all routine that uses all the meridian points used in TFT, and is applied to everything, so here is a link to a good introduction :)

http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html

purplefan
11-12-15, 05:55 PM
I have heard of the treatment but i am not sure how it works. How do you know what acupressure point to press?

Hugo-agogo
11-12-15, 06:17 PM
It's actually a sequence of pressure points. It varies in TFT, but EFT aims to cover all the bases with one basic routine, with additions if required. It's not too hard to learn because it goes from the top down.

The article in the link explains how it's done:)

S deleted
11-12-15, 06:31 PM
My ex tried TFT years back for his PTSD. He didn't get on with it at all but different thinks work for different people and glad you are getting some relief through it Hugo

Suzi
11-12-15, 09:56 PM
I have a friend who swears by it. It's really helped her. Glad it's helping you too lovely x

OldMike
11-12-15, 10:11 PM
At first sight I was very sceptical but on second thoughts acupuncture and the like work so this could work.

Whether it's effects are due to balancing energy or some more scientific biological/physiological/psychological reasons I've no idea, we can argue about that all night.

If it works for you then go for it. It's certainly worth a try.