PDA

View Full Version : crisps

purplefan
22-09-15, 02:34 PM
Walkers are running an advert about bringing back some of the U.Ks fav old flavors. he mentioned Beef and onion. I Used to love a packet od beef and onion. I had no idea they were gone. They must have just slipped away without me noticing it. So i know we have discussed this before but what flavor crisp is your fav and what flavor would you bring back?
me? id bring back pizza flavor frazzles and sausage and Tomato from walkers.

Jaquaia
22-09-15, 02:39 PM
Pickled onion monster munch!

Used to love the turkey and stuffing crisps that were around when I was younger...unless I'm imagining them!

magie06
22-09-15, 02:43 PM
Chrisps in Ireland are called Tayto. No matter who makes them. My favourite crisps are Tayto salt and vinegar. And my favourite snack is
Tayto sandwiches. Just put butter onto 2 slices of bread, and put a packet of Tayto in between the slices. Delicious and it's a great hangover cure! :)

purplefan
22-09-15, 02:45 PM
Pickled onion monster munch!

Used to love the turkey and stuffing crisps that were around when I was younger...unless I'm imagining them!

I think they were K.P who did them. I love monster munch and you can get a packet called Walkers mix with chipsticks, watsits and doritos and monster munch together. I love them.

I would bring back rosemary and thyme flavored walkers. they were really nice.

purplefan
22-09-15, 02:46 PM
Chrisps in Ireland are called Tayto. No matter who makes them. My favourite crisps are Tayto salt and vinegar. And my favourite snack is
Tayto sandwiches. Just put butter onto 2 slices of bread, and put a packet of Tayto in between the slices. Delicious and it's a great hangover cure! :)

Wouldn't know about that magie06 but i do like a nice crisp sandwich.
what about tomato sauce flavored?

S deleted
22-09-15, 02:51 PM
I'm loving the Marmite flavour crisps at the minute.

Angie
22-09-15, 03:42 PM
I rarely if ever eat crisps, but love skips prawn coctail

purplefan
22-09-15, 03:46 PM

Marmite??

purplefan
22-09-15, 03:47 PM
I rarely if ever eat crisps, but love skips prawn coctail

Theres always one (rofl)
But i do remember skips. I like the salt and vinegar flavor ones.

S deleted
22-09-15, 03:59 PM
Yep PF Marmite flavour. I love them.

Totally with you Jaquaia on the Pickled Onion Monster Munch and you Angie with the Prawn Cocktail Skips.

Other childhood favourites were Worcester Sauce French Fries and Spicy Tomato Snaps

magie06
22-09-15, 04:20 PM
There were Tayto available when I was in school, called hunky dory, and the best flavour was smokey bacon.

Paula
22-09-15, 05:04 PM

Huh. Won't the plastic be a bit chewy? ;)

magie06
22-09-15, 06:59 PM
The other crisps were called King crisps. And you could only get them on the train. And they came in a special foil lined bag, that was very difficult to open. But they were delicious too.

purplefan
22-09-15, 07:43 PM
Dose anyone remember Tudor crisps?

purplefan
25-09-15, 12:59 PM
No? Ho well then. I loved them. I would climb a mountain for them.

purplefan
29-09-15, 12:57 PM
Smoky bacon. yummy.

purplefan
29-09-15, 03:02 PM

https://www.walkers.co.uk/bringitback

you can vote for marmite here. You have to register but walkers are very generous and i complained once about a packet of cheese and onion that were all crunched. They sent me a whole box of them. So it is worth it.