PDA

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia

Mrs-Darling
09-08-15, 09:04 AM
Hi all

Does anyone have fibromyalgia? A couple of my friends who have it have suggested that I should ask my doctor about whether I have it and I've been googling (dangerous I know) but wanted to discuss it further with other people who have been diagnosed before wasting my GPs time. I already take up enough of his time and he is great, but feel a bit like a hypochondriac already. I'd be really grateful of people's experiences.

Suzi
09-08-15, 10:45 AM
I have it. There's a really supportive group on FB if you're interested?

Mrs-Darling
09-08-15, 10:53 AM
Yes, that would be helpful. I've just joined a chronic pain forum this morning too.

Suzi
09-08-15, 03:42 PM
Here you go... https://www.facebook.com/groups/199002103519269/?fref=ts If I can help at all then please let me know..

Mrs-Darling
09-08-15, 04:48 PM
Thanks Suzi. I'm worried about broaching the subject with my GP in case he just thinks I'm being a hypochondriac. I am tired a lot and get exhausted by housework, yesterday I think I totally overdid it and was suffering badly last night and this morning. I took some cocodamol and diazepam to deal with the muscle spasm and back pain (im already using a BuTrans 10 mg pain patch but it's only taking the edge off my pain). I'm also taking 450mg Pregabalin daily, which has just been increased. The increase is actually making me want to leave the house which I did this afternoon for two hours, but I'm paying for it now!

Suzi
09-08-15, 09:45 PM
I think you should broach it with your GP. Ask for a rhuematology appointment and go from there. With that level of pain meds it might be an idea to try to get a referral to pain clinic or something..

Piglet
13-02-16, 03:26 PM
There's a great charity called FMAUK which has lots of info on Fibro, and it also has a forum where you can post like this one.