PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Venlafaxine to Duloxetine

olisue
25-07-15, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone

I finally found a medication that worked in Venlafaxine however I've been on it for 7 months and gained 2 stone ;( and can't seem to lose it.

3 weeks ago I asked my doctor if I could try Duloxetine. I've just completed my taper down on Venlafaxine with no problems and I started 30mgs of Duloxetine today.

Has anyone had a similar experience and did Duloxetine help with the weight?

Thanks in advance x

rose
25-07-15, 06:19 PM
I did really badly on Duloxetine however I am really pleased to finally hear about someone else who gained weight on Venlafaxine. The doctors keep telling me its nothing to do with Venlafaxine!!!
Welcome to DWD (hi)

Suzi
25-07-15, 07:15 PM
I hope that it helps you x

Mrs-Darling
25-07-15, 11:07 PM
I take duloxetine, 60mg at the moment (was on 90 but reduced to 60 and introduced 30 mirtazapine) and did have some weight gain but that was more likely to be the office job I started at a similar time after a really active job. 30mg is quite a low dose as 120 is the maximum. It does make you thirsty and pee a lot which is no bad thing as long as you're drinking the right stuff! It's a good anti-depressant but it stopped working so well for me after a number of years hence the introduction of mirtazapine. I don't really remember any unbearable side effects aside the usual dry mouth but it didnt increase my appetite.