PDA

View Full Version : Medication Review : Aripiprazole

rose
15-07-15, 11:33 AM
Name of medication: Aripiprazole
Also known as: Abilify
Type: Antipsychotic

Link to patient information: http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/aripiprazole

**Please note all following information is based on individual members experiences.
**Any side effects or any questions should ALWAYS be directed to your own medical team.

rose
15-07-15, 11:34 AM
I've just started taking this, 5mg in the mornings. Apparently it can make you feel more alert so mornings are best.
I don't think I am really having any side effects so far... probably too early to tell.

Suzi
15-07-15, 01:31 PM
Glad you're doing OK on it hunni..

magie06
15-07-15, 02:18 PM
Best of luck with the abalify. It's one that I take. I don't seem to have very many side effects, but I'm taking it for a good while.

rose
08-08-15, 08:29 AM
I had bad side effects on this, they took a while to show but I couldn't sit still, felt wired and irritable all the time. That was on a tiny dose of 5mg. I have gone back to Quetiapine.

Suzi
08-08-15, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the update x

Mrs-Darling
08-08-15, 10:36 AM
My psychiatrist mentioned Quetiapine or this one for maybe in the future after I've got used to my increase in Pregabalin. Does it help with intrusive thoughts?

rose
08-08-15, 10:44 AM
I would say that both help with intrusive thoughts. But Abilify is an activator, so I found myself being more anxious, whereas Quetiapine has antihistamine properties, which means it helps with sleep, and I feel way more relaxed on Quetiapine. I am calm when driving and can sleep better at night.