PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine still not working :(

LostMyWay
06-07-15, 07:27 AM
Been on them for 6.5 weeks - 5 weeks at 20mg and the past ten days on 40mg. Still don't feel any better in fact my depression and anxiety is getting worse. Have I given it long enough?

Suzi
06-07-15, 07:49 AM
If you are in doubt about any medication then the best place to be getting advice from id your own GP...

rose
06-07-15, 09:27 AM
See your GP. Fluoxetine made me worse at first, horrible experience, you have to get through the 'hump' but it might not be easy. Make sure you keep in close contact with your GP throughout. Good luck!

LostMyWay
06-07-15, 09:59 AM
I already had an appt to see my gp I just wasn't sure if I had given it enough chance to work and so thought I would ask people who had been on it themselves. Thank you rose she's told me to carry on at 40mg for a few more days till I've done two weeks at that dose and then increase to 60mg. I'm really struggling at the moment :(

Suzi
06-07-15, 10:03 AM
Oh hunni, it's not easy, but remember that changing dose takes a while to take effect.. Do keep talking.

rose
06-07-15, 10:21 AM
In my opinion, it takes the longest to work and has the worst side effects, but its the best one. I still take it now.

Paula
06-07-15, 10:45 AM
It does take time, there's no quick fix, but you will get there (bear)

purplefan
06-07-15, 05:37 PM
Are you having any other effects? If you are in doubt over your medication then please speak to your G.P.
Everybody is different and the general rule is it can take up to 6 weeks, but it sose help.
Were you on any other medication before?