PDA

View Full Version : weird things

purplefan
01-07-15, 03:20 PM
Queen Victoria's 'big pants' to be sold at auction in Wiltshire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-33341230

Hope they are washed. You dont want 125 year old skid marks. (mooning)(rofl)

whats the weirdest thing you have bought?
sorry. I'm bored.

Suzi
01-07-15, 04:20 PM
ROFL! (rofl)(rofl) that's awesome!

Jarre
01-07-15, 07:48 PM
I have bought a square meter of the moon for a friend. He gets certificate and map showing it and a percentage in the future of mining revenue if we ever venture out and have a colony there.

Justin Tolerable
01-07-15, 08:10 PM
"Queen Victoria was on the throne from 1837 until 1901"

Now that's what I call constipation.

purplefan
01-07-15, 08:52 PM
I have bought a square meter of the moon for a friend. He gets certificate and map showing it and a percentage in the future of mining revenue if we ever venture out and have a colony there.

If N.A.S>A or china ever go back and what to land on his patch. he could charge a huge amount.

Suzi
01-07-15, 09:21 PM
I bought my neice one as a Christening gift ;)

Pen
01-07-15, 09:40 PM
The story of the queens knickers has reminded me of a story a friend told me yesterday of their experience at Glastonbury. She was in the disabled section so things were a little less crowded than some places and they were quite close to the stage. Lionel Richie came on and the lady next to her whipped out a pair of huge white knickers with "I love you Lionel" and held them up high. Unfortunately her grip was not great and she dropped them in the mud. She promptly retrieved them and brandished a pair of brown stained knickers over her head for Lionel....

Paula
01-07-15, 09:42 PM
(rofl)

purplefan
02-07-15, 04:06 PM
As i am a fan of the mighty Leyton Orient, when they were doing up their ground; i bought an old turnstile. payed £300 for it, and i still have it in the loft.
When i have nothing better to do i go up there and i turn it round and listen the mechanism click. very sad.

Paula
02-07-15, 05:41 PM
Can't you make a feature of it? Maybe in the garden with a honeysuckle trailing round it or something?

purplefan
02-07-15, 06:01 PM
I might put it in instead of a front door. I could ha are people an entrance fee. (giggle)
Can't you make a feature of it? Maybe in the garden with a honeysuckle trailing round it or something?

Suzi
02-07-15, 09:41 PM
(rofl)(rofl)

purplefan
03-07-15, 06:05 AM
One of my other hobbies when i was working was i collected toys. I used to go to toy and craft fairs and i would collect as many as i could buy.
I guess cause as i was growing up i did not have many.
I collect macdonalds series. You know they bring out a toy connected to a movie and you have to collect the whole set? I needed one more hello kitty and could never get it. so i went on ebay and paid £30.00 ouch.
way over the top just so i could have the complete set. it is still worthless. (rofl)

Paula
03-07-15, 01:09 PM
Having a complete set like that is priceless to collectors. Why don't you collect now?

magie06
03-07-15, 01:56 PM
Why did you stop?

purplefan
04-07-15, 06:53 PM
It was becoming a problem with space. I lived in a one bedroom flat at the time, so space was limited and i used to collect a lot of Sci fi things conected to shows.
mainly Gerry Anderson. I had a six foot Eagle transporter they used on the show and it took up a lot of room. I also had a Skydiver from the U.F.O tv show.
I was a serious collector but i cant afford it.

Jaquaia
14-07-15, 02:02 PM
I have a set of school geography readers from the 20s and 30s.

purplefan
14-07-15, 02:21 PM
I have a set of school geography readers from the 20s and 30s.

What are Geography readers?