PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam

Joe
29-06-15, 10:54 PM
Hi guys & girls,

I've not been here for a little while, recently had a new PRN medication added to my meds and that is Lorazepam as I have been getting sudden bad anxiety attacks that I can't control.

I'm starting to panic now, I don't want to go into details about what the problem is or anything, I just wondered if anyone else has experience with Lorazepam and knows how long it takes to work and also how well it works for anxiety.

Thanks for reading!

Joe

Paula
29-06-15, 11:00 PM
Hi Joe. I had lorazepam in hospital. It's in the same group as diazepam (Valium) but it's faster working, and is out of the system more quickly. So, in effect, it's used to quickly get past the worse bit of panic/anxiety attacks. obviously, it's not for regular use, just PRN as you've stated

Joe
29-06-15, 11:04 PM
Thankyou for your swift reply Paula, it was very helpful.
I've had the lorazepam for over a week now but only felt the need to use it now, I have just taken one so will see if I calm down soon

Paula
29-06-15, 11:05 PM
Cross fingers. It is good for this purpose

Suzi
29-06-15, 11:08 PM
My husband has diazepam for quick short acting help with panic attacks. It really helps him. I hope that this one really helps you too.

rose
29-06-15, 11:19 PM
It should work quickly Joe. I hope it kicks in soon.

Joe
29-06-15, 11:53 PM
It seems to of done its job, I feel quite a bit more relaxed now so I am happy!

Angie
30-06-15, 12:22 AM
I'm glad that it has helped you Joe

Pen
30-06-15, 08:51 AM
I have lorazapam and found it to be very helpful. Sometimes if I have trouble getting off to sleep as my mind is too active I take one or two then and it usually does the trick.