PDA

View Full Version : Favorite all time children s show.

purplefan
05-05-15, 10:18 PM
We all have that show we watched and loved that was meant to be for children.
So what was yours share your thoughts and why you loved it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI

I used to love this show and the stories were great. For me, that is important more so than special effects and i think that is where the new Dr.who has fallen short.
Great special effects but not so good stories. This for me was a true sci fi show.

S deleted
05-05-15, 11:20 PM
I enjoyed the glitzy remake of the tomorrow people but the old one was poor. This used to freak me out and yet I still watched it and loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ztIDFU2P8

Angie
05-05-15, 11:31 PM
Bagpus, Mr Ed, Bill and Ben, also Grange Hill when Tucker Jenkins was in it

S deleted
05-05-15, 11:34 PM
Grange Hill was ace back in the day

purplefan
05-05-15, 11:41 PM
Do you remember zamo and his fall into drug addiction and then the song.
Just say no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IT5ogF4C-8

Angie
06-05-15, 12:05 AM
Yup just aboutws

Jarre
06-05-15, 07:09 AM
Knightmare, remember running back from primary school to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImIIrzOBxNk

Jarre
06-05-15, 07:12 AM
And of course Ulysses 31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev1aBt-_Zs4

Suzi
06-05-15, 08:29 AM
Mysterious cities of gold, no73, superted!

magie06
06-05-15, 09:01 AM
The Brady bunch

Charlie's angels

Jaquaia
06-05-15, 10:17 AM
Knightmare was cool. They still show it on Challenge.

Funhouse, always loved seeing them slip on the gunk and was waiting for someone to hit Pat Sharp with the go karts.

Trapdoor, Transformers, Thundercats, Rainbow. ...too many to remember. Kids TV was great when I was growing up.

purplefan
06-05-15, 11:43 AM
And of course Ulysses 31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev1aBt-_Zs4

Dont remember that one Jarre. But He man was a particular favorite.

purplefan
06-05-15, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ZFUn4r0to

remember timothy tight hole (rofl)

purplefan
07-05-15, 09:08 PM
Do any of you remember the Tripods? It was a sci fi show on BBC i think and was fantastic.
I also liked Terrahawks and Dogtanian and the three muskerhounds. I was in my early 20s (rofl)

Jarre
07-05-15, 09:17 PM
Tripods scared the (swear) out of me when i was young especially with the control cap they were returned with.

Paula
07-05-15, 09:31 PM
One for all and all for one, Muskahounds are always ready ....... Loved that, and every time I see a 3 Muskateers I want to sing that song! I loved Rentaghost too :) moving forward to being a mum with young kids, I loved Dora the Explorer (blush)

Pen
07-05-15, 09:49 PM
Remember Danger Mouse?... Loved Blakes 7 as well.

Suzi
07-05-15, 09:59 PM
Paula - you loved Dora? Really? Were you on hard drugs at the time???? (rofl) I hated Dora...

purplefan
07-05-15, 10:02 PM
Now Blakes 7 pen was fantastic. (i here there might be a movie)
It had a really terrific villain in servilan and of course the ships were awesome. Especially the liberator.
terry Nation is a Genius.

Paula
07-05-15, 10:02 PM
Of course! I did GCSE Spanish so it tickled me that my toddler, who struggled to speak English (hearing issues) knew how to say hello, goodbye, and give directions in Spanish (rofl). And she looked like Dora the Explorer :)

purplefan
07-05-15, 10:04 PM
I remember Danger mouse Terry scott as penfold and sir david Jason as Danger mouse. He was also in Count duckula.
A vegetarian vampire duck. (rofl)

I loved chorlton and the wheelies and The double deckers was a favorite.

Suzi
07-05-15, 10:07 PM
Worzel Gummidge was my favourite.. And pigeon street!

purplefan
07-05-15, 10:21 PM
I dont remember pigeon street. Must be a terrible place to walk down? (rofl)

Worzle gummage was superb. He reminded me of catweizle

Suzi
07-05-15, 10:41 PM
This was my favourite, I wanted to be Long Distance Clara...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cwT2UR4x4Y

purplefan
08-05-15, 10:53 AM
Ho dear suzi.

remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zh5Tp6IGKw

S deleted
08-05-15, 11:19 AM
TISWAS...nuff said

Hugo-agogo
09-05-15, 12:34 AM
Wow, so many shows I remember so fondly already mentioned. When I first got online and found You-tube, I went on a nostalgia trip, watching loads of theme tunes and clips I never thought I'd see again.
Let's Pretend, Tea bag and T-shirt, Chockablock, no.73, Wackaday, Mighty Mouse, Superted, Moomins, Rentaghost, Dangermouse, Ox tales, duck tales, Gummi bears, Bananaman, loads more...
Joined a site called doyouremember.co.uk
Jarre, I've got Ulysses on dvd, Stella, I nearly bought Chocky too - so mesmerising and strange.

Stuff I would still watch as a grown up: Dr who, the box of delights, children of green knowe. (I've got the first series of Tripods, although they never finished it.)

Hugo-agogo
09-05-15, 01:05 AM
p.s. also loved Pigeon street (and a show called Me and You)

https://youtu.be/UqAksFdiKzo

https://youtu.be/K1ng8hThyc8

purplefan
09-05-15, 12:44 PM
TISWAS...nuff said

I was never allowed to watch TISWAS. i had to watch swap shop. My mother thought i would turn into a hooligan if i watched It (rofl)

purplefan
09-05-15, 12:46 PM
Wow, so many shows I remember so fondly already mentioned. When I first got online and found You-tube, I went on a nostalgia trip, watching loads of theme tunes and clips I never thought I'd see again.
Let's Pretend, Tea bag and T-shirt, Chockablock, no.73, Wackaday, Mighty Mouse, Superted, Moomins, Rentaghost, Dangermouse, Ox tales, duck tales, Gummi bears, Bananaman, loads more...
Joined a site called doyouremember.co.uk
Jarre, I've got Ulysses on dvd, Stella, I nearly bought Chocky too - so mesmerising and strange.

Stuff I would still watch as a grown up: Dr who, the box of delights, children of green knowe. (I've got the first series of Tripods, although they never finished it.)

I have been watching the origional Dr on the Horror channel and Patrick Troughton. I forgot what a cracker zoe was. phowarrr.
Box of delights was a great show, what was the one where the little lad traveled back in time when the clock struck 13? And the young girl he visited turned out to be the old lady who lived up the stairs?

Hugo-agogo
09-05-15, 01:00 PM
I have been watching the origional Dr on the Horror channel and Patrick Troughton. I forgot what a cracker zoe was. phowarrr.
Box of delights was a great show, what was the one where the little lad traveled back in time when the clock struck 13? And the young girl he visited turned out to be the old lady who lived up the stairs?

Been watching them too! Must admit I was quite mesmerised by Colin Baker's assistant! Yep Patrick Troughton was in Box of Delights, I got the dvd.

Remember when John Cleese turned up and said "It's a kid's show!" on the Goodies?! Yep the Goodies ...oh and he did a cameo in Dr who as well!

Oooh, I know this one, Tom's Midnight Garden :)

purplefan
09-05-15, 02:24 PM
For me Dr. Who was a family drama. Everyone could watch it. I am not a huge fan of todays Dr. although i stll watch it. There was a rustiness in the original shows that the new ones dont have. Thank you so much mate. That has been keeping me up all night.
I really miss those childrens dramas. There seemed to be a power that drew you into the story that kept you watching.

Pen
09-05-15, 02:49 PM
Oh yes I loved Tom's Midnight Garden. Recall the Chrystal Maze? I so enjoyed it but I saw it on Challenge the other day and it was so dated! Also anyone remember a similar show based on a space ship where a group of people had to find a number of things on the ship and solve puzzles and get off in a set time. I cannot remember what it was called and only have vague memories of it. I don't think it made it to a second series but I loved it.

purplefan
09-05-15, 09:05 PM
That was the bauld guy Richard O'brian? I was more a fan of takeshis castle.
Anyone remember Potters picture palace?

S deleted
10-05-15, 12:36 AM
Anyone remember Sport Billy? Or this amazing show with the most awesome theme song, haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNG2LtF41o

amc204
10-05-15, 12:44 AM
I used to love Knightmare when I was a kid. I loved coming home from school to watch it. It was such a great concept and actually quite scary at times.

mitz
10-05-15, 01:08 AM
my favourites were....Mr Benn, Top Cat, Tom and Jerry, Charlie Brown, The Flintstones, Rent a Ghost,

S deleted
10-05-15, 01:23 AM
Also anyone remember a similar show based on a space ship where a group of people had to find a number of things on the ship and solve puzzles and get off in a set time. I cannot remember what it was called and only have vague memories of it.

Are you thinking of the Adventure Game?

The_Scientist
10-05-15, 01:32 AM
Avatar: Legend of Aang! also Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

purplefan
10-05-15, 08:16 AM
Top cat was based on the sgt. Bilko TV series. I remember Dick Dastardly and muttley in wacky races and stop that pigeon.

Jaquaia
11-05-15, 07:50 PM
I can't remember Jamie and the Magic Torch but everyone tells me I should!

Samaurai Pizza Cats

S deleted
11-05-15, 07:58 PM
Thunder Cats, He-man, She-ra, TMNT. loved all them too

purplefan
11-05-15, 10:19 PM
Do any of you remember stig of the dump?

S deleted
11-05-15, 10:49 PM
oh yes, loved it

The_Scientist
11-05-15, 11:01 PM
the Clangers anyone? the herbs? magic roundabout?

ITWayne
12-05-15, 12:11 AM
The Herb Garden: Dill the Dog, Sage the Owl, Parsley the Lion

And Willo The Wisp. The moog was just ace

Dangermouse rocked - Penfold and Baron Greenback... And Chocky - very spooky to a kid. And definitely Dogtanian

And of course... Pingu!

Amaya
12-05-15, 12:35 AM
Trapdoor, Thundercats, Heathcliffe (cat), Dangermouse, Duckula, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Count from Seasame Street, Fraggles, Dark Crystal (film), Goonies (film), Tom and Jerry, Wacky Races, Ewoks (Cartoon), Pingu, Bing and Bong (that's not technically from when I was a child), The Princess Bride (film) .. I could probably go on but I won't

purplefan
13-05-15, 02:20 PM
the Clangers anyone? the herbs? magic roundabout?

Funny thing about the clangers you always knew what they were saying.

purplefan
13-05-15, 02:24 PM
Wacky races was great. Stop that pigeon.

One no one ever remembers topogigio

rose
13-05-15, 02:33 PM
The Legend of Prince Valiant:
I didn't care much for the cartoon, but I loved the theme tune. So much that 20 years on I can remember enough of the words to find it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSs4p9VHrM

magie06
13-05-15, 05:24 PM
The muppet show, the Brady bunch, Sesame street, the Waltons, Little house on the prairie, Charlies angels.

There wasn't much children's tv on because we only had one channel.

Oh I just thought about another one. Saturday morning a show called Anything goes'.

purplefan
13-05-15, 09:39 PM
Was not a fan of the brady bunch. I did like the Addams family and the munsters.

Dont remember anything goes, but i vaguely remember why dont you.

purplefan
15-05-15, 07:15 AM
What about the Double deckers?

purplefan
19-05-15, 11:39 AM
Captain pugwash?
Do you remember the urban myth about the characters names?

Paula
19-05-15, 12:30 PM
Oh yes lol

S deleted
19-05-15, 01:30 PM
Junior Kick Start

Mira
19-05-15, 02:06 PM
The snorkels

Mira
19-05-15, 02:07 PM
I liked catweazel when i was younger

purplefan
19-05-15, 09:13 PM
I really miss the Love boat.

purplefan
20-05-15, 03:11 PM
Remember the rivalry between swap shop and Tiswas?
Do you remember what Tiswas stood for?

Suzi
20-05-15, 03:54 PM
I admit I had to google!!

purplefan
20-05-15, 06:37 PM
This Is Saturday Watch And Suffer?

There was also a bit of a rivalry Between Blue peter and Magpie? Especially round Christmas time and their appeals.

purplefan
27-05-15, 10:46 PM
It was sad to hear that Benny from Grange Hill passed away i used to watch it and Tuckers luck.

mitz
27-05-15, 11:58 PM
and the wombles and the magic roundabout!

mitz
28-05-15, 12:01 AM
and rainbow with zippy, george and bungle!

mitz
28-05-15, 12:07 AM
oh and jackanory. i wish the was adults version of this now, i like listening to stories!

Hugo-agogo
28-05-15, 01:52 PM
oh and jackanory. i wish the was adults version of this now, i like listening to stories!

There sort of is. It's called Crackanory and is on Dave. It's between series right now, but has a guest story-teller on a chair, with animation, and they tell more adult, darkly humorous stories!

magie06
28-05-15, 02:49 PM
The only ones I remember would be Tom and Gerry, yogi bear and the road runner.

purplefan
28-05-15, 06:12 PM
Classic cartoons magie06.
Anyone remember white horses and the singing ringing tree? It was a stop motion cartoon and was very scary.

amc204
02-06-15, 09:43 PM
One thing that I was a huge fan of growing up and still am is The Adventures of Tintin. I used to read the books with my brother and loved watching the tv series they made of it. When the film came out a few years ago I was like a kid again and went straight to the cinema to watch it. I always loved Snowy the dog and Captain Haddock. Herge's last completed Tintin book was released in 1976 so nearly 40 years on it's still as popular as ever I think. It was a huge part of my growing up and even now as an adult I like to watch old episodes on youtube!

purplefan
03-06-15, 09:54 PM
It wasnt a childrens show per say but i used to love watching "Hogans heros". it was about a group of soldiers in a P.O.W camp during WW2 and they always got the better of the guards.