PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Pen
22-01-16, 07:23 PM
(blush) Two good groups today. I think it is a sign of how much people enjoy the sessions when I have to make sure the gate is open 30 minutes before the class for the early birds (of which there are a few!). I can never count on having a quick sort out in the last 15 minutes before a class as there is bound to be at least two people there by then. Very rarely is anyone even a minute late! The only exception is when someone is working a late shift and gets delayed! Getting them back out at the end can also be troublesome with some of the groups! I never hurry them though, if they need to finish something off before they leave I will always let them.

OldMike
22-01-16, 07:54 PM
Glad things went well today Pen.

Suzi
22-01-16, 08:20 PM
That's so fabulous!

Pen
23-01-16, 01:15 AM
Aaarrrggg wish I could sleep at night! Don't think I have been asleep before 1.30 any night this week.

Suzi
23-01-16, 03:05 PM
(panda) How are you feeling today?

magie06
23-01-16, 03:24 PM
How are you now?

Pen
23-01-16, 10:24 PM
Tired, tearful. So much to do and not enough time to do it all! I think tomorrow after I have finished painting my latest yarn bowl, loaded and fired the kiln and walked the dog it may have to be a stay in bed day...

rose
23-01-16, 10:33 PM
Just try to take it easy if you're not feeling good. I know that's easier said than done though (bear)

Pen
24-01-16, 08:51 AM
I have not hit bottom yet but I am determined to try and not do much today and stay in bed most of the day to try and not hit the exhaustion point that I have in the last two weekends. I am hoping that if I rest today I will be in a better position to tackle the week. Trouble is that there is so much that needs to be done.
The vacuum is not working properly so I need to dismantle it and clear the blockage,
I need to clean the kitchen and wash the floor,
tidy and vacuum the hall,
vacuum my bedroom,
tidy and clean the sitting room,
mix up slip base,
make up a load more coloured slips and label the jars,
mix up the 5 new glazes that have been waiting for the containers that arrived yesterday,
rearrange the shelves so I can get all the students work in the right places,
make 15 crosses,
Make up the sets of hearts
advertise the lavender scented hearts and try to sell them
Promote the Thursday evening course and chase up the people who said they would come but never showed up
Clear out the dead plants from the pots
buy some compost
pot up the plants that are waiting to be planted up
Sort out the hair algae in the pond
Prune the roses
walk the dog

OldMike
24-01-16, 09:23 AM
Pen you intend to do that today!? I'm exhausted just reading it, can't you prioritize things so you only do the most important and leave the rest for another day or delegate some jobs to your daughter and her boyfriend. Just my musings.

Take care Mike.

Suzi
24-01-16, 10:25 AM
Hope you do allow yourself a rest day lovely..

Paula
24-01-16, 11:58 AM
Rest! At least half those jobs can wait

rose
24-01-16, 12:23 PM
Just do the essentials and draft in some help from the family. There is always tomorrow.

Pen
24-01-16, 03:31 PM
Pen you intend to do that today!? I'm exhausted just reading it, can't you prioritize things so you only do the most important and leave the rest for another day or delegate some jobs to your daughter and her boyfriend. Just my musings.

Take care Mike.

No that was just the list that needs doing!

Pen
24-01-16, 03:33 PM
Walked Ember for over an hour on the beach then spent a couple of hours finishing off the painting of my latest yarn bowl. Kiln is now on and I am having a lie down, a spot of lunch whilst wrapped in my blanket and listening to Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchet.

OldMike
24-01-16, 04:15 PM
Wah double post, original post seemed to have vanished so posted again.

Nice to see you've taken time out to get some lunch.

OldMike
24-01-16, 04:16 PM
Walking on the beach sounds much nicer than walking on the noisy roads that are round here. hope the weather was good for you Pen.

Suzi
24-01-16, 05:23 PM
That sounds lovely! Did you get my pm?

Pen
24-01-16, 05:27 PM
Yes. Did you get my reply?

Suzi
24-01-16, 05:29 PM
No! lol

Pen
24-01-16, 05:38 PM
The answer was yes please if I am not too late.

Suzi
24-01-16, 06:13 PM
Done ;)

Pen
24-01-16, 09:00 PM
Thank you. Had a rush of energy about half an hour ago and tidied, swept and washed the hall floor. I was going to continue through and do the kitchen and sitting room but I was cream crackered by the time I had done the hall (whew)

Suzi
24-01-16, 09:52 PM
I hope you're resting now!

Pen
24-01-16, 10:53 PM
Yes. Sunk two snowballs left from Christmas and half a packet of mint matchmakers whilst catching up on War and Peace and the Agatha Christie that was shown before Christmas all the while doing some Zen drawing. Now have cramp in my hand, chocolate in my teeth and a tiny bit tipsy. (think)

Suzi
25-01-16, 08:03 AM
Oops lol! How are you feeling today hunni ?

Pen
25-01-16, 08:35 AM
Raring to go (rofl). Plan to have a shower in a min and get dressed and vacuum the bedroom. Then take Ember to Sand Bay (a huge expanse of sand and mud flats just round the headland) for an hour, then stop off on the way home and do the banking. THEN....
Put up a load of hooks in the studio for the new glaze samples, mix up some more glazes, mix up the base slip, type out the slip recipes and laminate them so H can mix up the colours, Trim the pots I made on the wheel last Friday, make some new pots. Soak my lavender hearts, make some ceramic crosses and do some oil painting....

A nice restful day(rofl)

Paula
25-01-16, 08:40 AM
Now I'm cross - not only because you're raring to go (snooze) but because you're obviously not in the least worse for wear this morning after the snowballs! Dear god, woman, how do you do it??? (rofl)

OldMike
25-01-16, 10:26 AM
Raring to go (rofl). Plan to have a shower in a min and get dressed and vacuum the bedroom. Then take Ember to Sand Bay (a huge expanse of sand and mud flats just round the headland) for an hour, then stop off on the way home and do the banking. THEN....
Put up a load of hooks in the studio for the new glaze samples, mix up some more glazes, mix up the base slip, type out the slip recipes and laminate them so H can mix up the colours, Trim the pots I made on the wheel last Friday, make some new pots. Soak my lavender hearts, make some ceramic crosses and do some oil painting....

A nice restful day(rofl)

Well that takes care of this morning, what have you got planned for this afternoon. (rofl)

A walk with Ember round a nice sandy bay sounds glorious. The best I can do round here is a walk along the Bridgewater canal and look at the dirty orange water (iron leeching out from the old mine workings apparently, basically it's rusty water), even the ducks have an dirty orange tidemark.

Pen while you're at it how about popping over to my place and digging over my veggie plot, looks like my seed potatoes have arrived so veggie plot needs preparing. (rofl)

Seriously Pen have a good day. :)

S deleted
25-01-16, 10:36 AM
even the ducks have an dirty orange tidemark.

Maybe it's a new form of disguise. Save the ducks.

Suzi
25-01-16, 11:11 AM
You are so busy! I'm glad you're feeling OK lovely..

Pen
25-01-16, 11:42 AM
OK, walked the dog, vacuumed the bedroom, the landing and the bathroom, put a huge load of dirty towels in the wash and done the banking. Just had a 15 minute coffee break so off to the studio...
Mike if I am going to get it all dome this morning then I had better get a move on I only have 18 minutes left! (rofl)

Suzi
25-01-16, 02:36 PM
You have done loads!

Pen
25-01-16, 02:42 PM
Well mixed two more glazes, made up 2kg of base slip and just grabbing a spot of lunch (Garlic and rosemary bread, cheese and olives!)whilst H mixes the coloured slips up. Then back to it!!

Suzi
25-01-16, 02:51 PM
Wow! I always imagine you like Taz from Tazmania in a whirlwind doing stuff as you go!

Pen
25-01-16, 06:08 PM
Well did not manage to complete all the list by tea time.. Did not make any new pots or soak my lavender hearts and make some ceramic crosses but I do hope to do some oil painting this evening....
Mixing up the six packs of glazes and mixing the slip base took longer than I had planned (wasntme)

Suzi
25-01-16, 06:15 PM
Sounds like you have done loads though!

Pen
25-01-16, 07:37 PM
Trying to do some painting tonight. Boy I am rubbish at this!

Suzi
25-01-16, 07:38 PM
Rubbish at what?

Pen
25-01-16, 07:45 PM
painting!

Suzi
25-01-16, 08:09 PM
I've seen some of your artwork and I wouldn't say it was rubbish at all!

Paula
25-01-16, 09:01 PM
I agree :)

Pen
25-01-16, 09:29 PM
Well, got my valentines hearts up on my facebook shop so may now stop for the night!

Pen
25-01-16, 10:01 PM
Just to make you jealous, this is where Ember and I walked this morning
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/penny_price1/WP_20160125_09_52_10_Pro_zpspgdezetd.jpg

Paula
25-01-16, 10:29 PM
Well, got my valentines hearts up on my facebook shop so may now stop for the night!

They're gorgeous. I'd have some in a heartbeat, but Si hates the smell of lavender :(

Pen
25-01-16, 10:37 PM
They're gorgeous. I'd have some in a heartbeat, but Si hates the smell of lavender :(

I do have sets that dont have any scented oil on them...

Paula
25-01-16, 10:39 PM
*scoots over to fb page

Pen
25-01-16, 10:46 PM
I also have some special ones made from weston clay that are not up there yet and do also make some rather nice ones that are glazed but I cant find the picture at the moment

Paula
25-01-16, 10:52 PM
Oooo ok, I've sent you a message. Not in a rush so when you can get the photos up I'll have a look if that's ok? I can see me buying more than I planned lol

rose
25-01-16, 11:31 PM
Just to make you jealous, this is where Ember and I walked this morning
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/penny_price1/WP_20160125_09_52_10_Pro_zpspgdezetd.jpg

Nice :)

OldMike
25-01-16, 11:43 PM
Re the photo of Sand Bay what a beautiful place for a walk I'm sooooo jealous.

Pen
26-01-16, 01:10 AM
No rusty ducks there just oystercatchers and stonechats

Pen
26-01-16, 08:23 AM
Oooo ok, I've sent you a message. Not in a rush so when you can get the photos up I'll have a look if that's ok? I can see me buying more than I planned lol

Paula for some reason FB wont let me open your message, however I have posted up a photo of the glazed hearts I made for Dad's girlfriend for christmas, as you dont want diffusers the world is your oyster for options. (rofl)

Pen
26-01-16, 08:31 AM
In case you were wondering what an oystercatcher and stonechat look like here are some links...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_oystercatcher
https://www.wildbirddirect.com/species/stonechat/

Pen
26-01-16, 09:46 AM
*scoots over to fb page

I cant seem to reply to your PM. Anyway the answer is
I would think that the scent will last about two weeks, but each infused set comes with a bottle of oil and you just add a couple of drops to the hearts when the scent starts to fade. I would think that a bottle would last for at least 6 months possibly longer. When the scent has faded you can also change it with a fresh essential oil of your choice if you wish.

OldMike
26-01-16, 09:50 AM
The stonechat looks really cool you could almost confuse it with a robin. Thanks for the info Pen.

Suzi
26-01-16, 10:35 AM
Sand bay looks beautiful!

Pen
26-01-16, 03:13 PM
Woke up this morning with a running nose, which has gradually turned into a sore throat and now wiped me out. Got the next class at 7 but I dont think I am going to be able to do all things I had planned for after the class that have just left.

Suzi
26-01-16, 03:40 PM
Sorry you're feeling bad lovely..

Paula
26-01-16, 05:24 PM
(panda) just do what you have to, afterwards - eat something, drink lots and go to bed

Pen
26-01-16, 05:44 PM
Took two max cold and flu capsules and went to bed for the afternoon, curled up with a warm dog... Could not even face listening to the radio it was too much hard work. Hopefully the rest will be enough to get me through the evening.

rose
26-01-16, 05:44 PM
I hate having a cold. You have my sympathies.

Pen
26-01-16, 05:54 PM
I have not had one for years but dealing with snotty, coughing little darlings I suspected that this would happen eventually!

OldMike
26-01-16, 06:49 PM
Gah I hate colds hope you get better soon Pen. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/mikeyates1000/ill1_zpszemxil1z.gif (http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/mikeyates1000/media/ill1_zpszemxil1z.gif.html)

Suzi
26-01-16, 08:22 PM
Hope you're doing OK and are resting lovely...

Pen
26-01-16, 09:30 PM
Just finished teaching for the night. I feel like you could fry an egg on me but when I took my temperature it was only 36.6. Most disappointed... if I feel this bad I at least aught to be running a fever!...

rose
26-01-16, 09:31 PM
Dinner, bath and bed please!!!!

Pen
26-01-16, 09:39 PM
OK mum. Had dinner earlier so I am off to bed. (rofl)

magie06
26-01-16, 09:41 PM
Night.

Paula
26-01-16, 11:27 PM
Sleep tight, mind the bed bugs don't bite ;)

Suzi
27-01-16, 08:29 AM
How are you feeling this morning?

Pen
27-01-16, 09:38 AM
Rough... Cancelled the classes for today. Difficult decision as although I don't make much on a Wednesday it all helps the weekly total but I though it was not fair to share this cold round the group.
H is going to take Ember out for me so I don't have to rush to get up

OldMike
27-01-16, 11:08 AM
Probably best to take a day off Pen and hopefully regain your strength for tomorrows classes.

rose
27-01-16, 12:28 PM
You poor thing. You must be feeling ill if you cancelled classes. I think you should stay in bed as much as possible today. Get well soon (bear)

Suzi
27-01-16, 12:28 PM
Stay in and keep warm and hydrated lovely x

Pen
27-01-16, 01:38 PM
Yes it shows how bad I am that I have only been able to contact all my customers to cancel the courses, get a quote on putting hubby on the car insurance, chase up the estate agent about the house sale in wales, call hubby and bring him up to date, complete a questionnaire for the local council and call dad. I have just got up cause I thought it might do me good to get out of bed and dressed rather than just doze all day.

Suzi
27-01-16, 02:47 PM
Erm, that is NOT resting!

Pen
27-01-16, 04:12 PM
Well after my last post I realised I just could not keep my eyes open so went back up to bed with some flu capsules. I think I have been asleep since then. Just got up again for a cup of tea. Bit worried as there are two customers I cant get hold of despite texts, emails and calls so I am hoping that somewhere along the way they get the message.

OldMike
27-01-16, 04:59 PM
Well after my last post I realised I just could not keep my eyes open so went back up to bed with some flu capsules. I think I have been asleep since then. Just got up again for a cup of tea. Bit worried as there are two customers I cant get hold of despite texts, emails and calls so I am hoping that somewhere along the way they get the message.

You've done your best Pen at trying to contact everyone and can't do anymore. Rest/time is all that helps a bad cold/flu and some cold/flu capsules or a hot lemon drink usually makes you feel slightly better.

Suzi
27-01-16, 05:14 PM
You've done all you can lovely...

Pen
27-01-16, 05:29 PM
You've done your best Pen at trying to contact everyone and can't do anymore. Rest/time is all that helps a bad cold/flu and some cold/flu capsules or a hot lemon drink usually makes you feel slightly better.
Yuk, Hot lemon makes me sick... Now anyone know any cold cures that include Apricot Brandy?

Paula
27-01-16, 06:02 PM
(panda)

OldMike
27-01-16, 07:17 PM
Yuk, Hot lemon makes me sick... Now anyone know any cold cures that include Apricot Brandy?

Ooops sorry Pen, Apricot Brandy was one of my mothers favourite liqueurs, a small tot of Apricot Brandy may not cure the common cold but it'll sure make you feel better.

OldMike
27-01-16, 07:26 PM
Would you like your life to be a bed of roses? Then try this.

Bed of roses
Apricot Brandy, Gin, Passionfruit Juice & Bitters.

Cheers Pen.

Not guaranteed to cure colds or flu but will put a smile on your face.

rose
27-01-16, 07:31 PM
Go for what Mike suggested, that sounds like it would cheer anyone up :)

Seriously though, a drop of spirit can feel great on a sore throat. Just check its ok to have a drink with your flu tablets.

My 'cure' is hot water with a slice of lemon, honey and ginger. I don't take decongestants, they can make you feel worse (dehydrated), I just use paracetamol. And maybe a drop of JackDaniels or Baileys to soothe the throat.

Edit: and Use the balsam tissues, they are so much kinder on your skin.

Pen
27-01-16, 08:45 PM
I seem to be sort of lacking most of the ingredients for a bed of roses. I was thinking dissolve some honey in hot water and add to a measure of apricot brandy.

Suzi
27-01-16, 11:10 PM
Hope you sleep well lovely and that when you get up you feel much better..

Pen
28-01-16, 10:06 AM
Well had a patchy night but did eventually get some sleep. Hubby has borrowed my car to drive to Rotherham for a family funeral. It is the first time I have trusted him with my car since he got done for drink driving in my car in 2008. (he is now teatotal so I know that is not a problem anymore) However it feels strange to let him take my baby away for such a long run and I had nightmares last night about finding that I was without a car... I had not realised I was so attached to it, I always complain about how much I hate this car but it has become a part of me it seems!

Although I do feel a bit better this morning A says I sound terrible so hopefully I will sound a bit better by the first class at 4:30 this afternoon!

Suzi
28-01-16, 10:56 AM
Glad you got some sleep hunni..
Hope all is ok with the car! It's amazing how much you get attached to these things..

Pen
28-01-16, 11:32 AM
Eeee just got back with the dog and feel like I could fry an egg on me again. Head is full of cotton wool and is spinning. Think I will have to take it a bit easier than I thought today. Its a shame as there are so many things I want to do.

Suzi
28-01-16, 12:39 PM
I'm sure those things will wait whilst you get you better!

Pen
28-01-16, 01:44 PM
They may have to! Unfortunately I have classes today though so need to prepare for them.

Paula
28-01-16, 01:53 PM
Oh hunni :( just please rest when you can (bear)

Suzi
28-01-16, 06:25 PM
I hope you've worked out some time for resting lovely...

Pen
28-01-16, 10:52 PM
Did not get much pottery done sat with the TV on and did some admin tasks instead.

Hubby came back with the car, all intact.... He has driven for 8 hours today and has now just left to drive back to Wales, another hours journey.. So glad I had this cold which gave me a valid excuse to get out of going with him today!

Suzi
29-01-16, 08:13 AM
How are you feeling today?

Pen
29-01-16, 10:01 AM
Functioning... Head still full of cotton wool and the sinus pressure is making my tinnitus worst but feeling I may be up to throwing a couple of pots later. H has now gone down with it and is not happy with me having shared it!

OldMike
29-01-16, 10:08 AM
Hi Pen hope your head clears so you can throw a few pots (you must be getting to be a bit of an expert now), poor H, you're probably not in her good books for sharing your cold.

Just a thought could Ember catch a cold from you, I hope not else the whole family would need quarantining. (rofl)

Suzi
29-01-16, 10:17 AM
Hope the pot throwing is fun! Poor H!

Pen
29-01-16, 11:49 AM
Hi Pen hope your head clears so you can throw a few pots (you must be getting to be a bit of an expert now), poor H, you're probably not in her good books for sharing your cold.

Just a thought could Ember catch a cold from you, I hope not else the whole family would need quarantining. (rofl)

Thankfully dogs cant catch human colds... I would hate to think about blowing her nose!

Paula
29-01-16, 11:50 AM
Have fun experimenting :)

Pen
29-01-16, 12:05 PM
Right off to the overalls on.... Catch you later

Suzi
29-01-16, 12:55 PM
Look forward to seeing your creations!

Pen
29-01-16, 01:19 PM
Not sure there will be any. With H sick I have spent all my time cleaning the studio.... Now feel really unwell and giddy.

Suzi
29-01-16, 04:09 PM
Have you eaten and had enough to drink today?

Paula
29-01-16, 04:20 PM
How are you now?

Pen
29-01-16, 08:23 PM
Made it through the lesson OK this afternoon. Had three new people but one of my regulars was a trouper and stepped in to help the newbies whilst I helped a blind woman on the wheel.
Studio is now a mess but I cant face cleaning it tonight, hopefully H will feel up to helping in the morning. Did manage to wrestle a large lump of clay on the wheel earlier and made a bowl that I am quite pleased with but still struggling with centering anything bigger than a fist sized lump.
Ember made me stop work about half an hour ago to get some dinner so I have had a multi cheese and mushroom omlette.
Been doing lots of marketing and advertising in the last few days and now I have gone from having two people (only one of which has turned up a few times this year) to having potentially nine people...

OldMike
29-01-16, 08:31 PM
That was nice for one of your regulars to give you a helping hand. Good on Ember to get you to make yourself some food (though she was probably more interested in getting you to fill her doggy bowl). ;)

Pen
29-01-16, 09:12 PM
That was nice for one of your regulars to give you a helping hand. Good on Ember to get you to make yourself some food (though she was probably more interested in getting you to fill her doggy bowl). ;)

Oh yes I think it was more her tummy she was concerned about than mine!

Suzi
29-01-16, 09:20 PM
Pen you are amazing. The fact that you are actively making pottery accessible is fantastic.

Pen
29-01-16, 09:23 PM
I had an email from Netmums this morning saying that they wanted to feature my kids pottery parties on their front page... AARRRGGG Not quite sure if I got a party booking what I would do, not sure I could fit one in!

Suzi
29-01-16, 09:33 PM
Fantastic coverage though!

Pen
29-01-16, 09:57 PM
Oh yes! I have updated my entry ready for them to use it :P Just cause I am not sure how I would manage does not mean I dont want to try and find out (rofl)

Suzi
29-01-16, 09:58 PM
Awesome! :)

Paula
30-01-16, 10:18 AM
Oh yes! I have updated my entry ready for them to use it :P Just cause I am not sure how I would manage does not mean I dont want to try and find out (rofl)

I'm not just throwing words around here, you're truly inspirational :)

magie06
30-01-16, 04:36 PM
Wow! well done you.

OldMike
30-01-16, 04:57 PM
I had an email from Netmums this morning saying that they wanted to feature my kids pottery parties on their front page... AARRRGGG Not quite sure if I got a party booking what I would do, not sure I could fit one in!

That's fantastic Pen (had to Google Netmums as no idea what it was). Pen and one of her kids classes on their home page wow.

Pen
30-01-16, 05:50 PM
That's fantastic Pen (had to Google Netmums as no idea what it was). Pen and one of her kids classes on their home page wow.

Well I will believe it when I see it... I have had a few bookings through Netmums for people for courses so being listed on there has been quite good.

Phew. All courses over for the week. Feeling the financial impact of taking Wednesday off sick though :(

Suzi
30-01-16, 06:49 PM
But you have to put your health first lovely..

Pen
31-01-16, 12:04 AM
Well at the moment next weeks forecasted income will make up for the shortfall this week!

Suzi
31-01-16, 08:47 AM
Hooray!!

Pen
31-01-16, 08:55 AM
Trying to decide at the moment whether to get dressed and take the dog out or go back to bed.... Bed maybe winning here...(think)

Paula
31-01-16, 09:10 AM
Don't blame you lol

OldMike
31-01-16, 11:08 AM
Trying to decide at the moment whether to get dressed and take the dog out or go back to bed.... Bed maybe winning here...(think)

If the weather at your place is like it is Manchester (gloomy and raining) staying in bed or lounging on the sofa seems the best option.

Pen
31-01-16, 11:46 AM
After I wrote that last post I realised that Ember had disappeared. I found her curled up back on my bed so joining her seemed the best option! (rofl) It is gloomy here but not raining. I put on my favourite warm jumper and took her for a walk but when I got back I was so hot that I have had to strip off a few layers!

Suzi
31-01-16, 11:50 AM
It's pouring here! Well done for getting her out for a run!

Pen
31-01-16, 12:01 PM
Feeling a bit blue here this morning, may need chocolate... (ladies you know why)

You know the saying - If a woman is sad give her a good hug, if she growls at you retreat to a safe distance and throw chocolate at her!

Paula
31-01-16, 12:20 PM
*throw a kilo of chocolate

Pen
31-01-16, 03:57 PM
Well, cleaned up the mountain of dishes and pots and pans. Scrubbed down the surfaces. Swept the floor in the kitchen and living room and got down on my hands and knees and washed said floors. Kitchen is ready for another week I think!

magie06
31-01-16, 04:01 PM
Well done. That is a pile of stuff to get done. You do so much every day, you are an inspiration! (panda)

OldMike
31-01-16, 04:14 PM
Well, cleaned up the mountain of dishes and pots and pans. Scrubbed down the surfaces. Swept the floor in the kitchen and living room and got down on my hands and knees and washed said floors. Kitchen is ready for another week I think!

Think you deserve a treat of a few pieces of chocolate after all that work Pen.

Pen
31-01-16, 06:03 PM
Hubby has just told me where his secret stash of special chocolate truffles are.... They may not be there when he gets back next Friday...:P but bless him he has said he does not mind if I eat them.

magie06
31-01-16, 06:09 PM
:) They certainly wouldn't be there in this house. I'd have them gone this evening.

Suzi
31-01-16, 06:20 PM
You've done masses again! I do hope you are resting this evening!

Pen
31-01-16, 07:08 PM
Yes, catching up on the TV and radio shows I have missed during the week and doing some drawing.
Hubby has filled the log basket and stoked the fire before he left. I did not have the heart to tell him I planned to get under the duvet when he had left, now feel guilty I dont want to leave this fire until it dies down.

Pen
31-01-16, 07:26 PM
Actually that is not quite true. At the moment I am revising my web site...(giggle)

Suzi
31-01-16, 08:53 PM
Oh yeah.... resting... (think)

Paula
31-01-16, 08:56 PM
Actually that is not quite true. At the moment I am revising my web site...(giggle)

Do you ever stop? Lol

Pen
31-01-16, 09:15 PM
Do you ever stop? Lol

No probably not.....

Pen
01-02-16, 10:42 AM
Oh dear. This morning I am struggling to stay awake. Had a good night for a change, but after breakfast this morning went back to bed and went to sleep. Now up and dressed but still struggling to keep my eyes open! (yawn). At 7 this morning I had plans to walk the dog, do the banking, do the shopping, load the kiln, tidy up the studio, throw some pots and do some painting.... Now I have started shortening the list. The banking may not happen and I am wondering if I can get away without buying any food this week.

Suzi
01-02-16, 11:13 AM
I'm glad you're shortening the list - but yes, you probably need shopping lol...

Pen
01-02-16, 12:23 PM
Walked the dog, rearranged the drying shelves so that the pottery can dry properly, trimmed the pot I made on Thursday, finished repairing a flower bowl belonging to the Stroke group, finished unloading the kiln and put some of the dry stuff in there out of the way whilst I wait for the rest, wrapped up the pots from last week ready for their owners to trim them later this week then realised that I was shaking with a headache and feeling giddy so stopped for a bit. May have to do without the shopping. Hubby brought me eggs and bread on Sunday so I wont starve, Ember may have to live off dry food for a few days. Although I may do an online shop if I think I could get the bill to over £25.

OldMike
01-02-16, 01:47 PM
It takes me all my time to get my online grocery bill below £100 and I'm just buying for one. So you should have no trouble at spending £25, take it easy for the rest of the day Pen, take care.

Pen
01-02-16, 02:45 PM
Ah well this is just for me and Ember and only stuff for lunch and breakfast. H does the majority of the shopping.

OldMike
01-02-16, 03:56 PM
That explains it thought you were shopping for yourself, H and H's boyfriend in which case £25 wouldn't go very far.

You've done well with all you've done today considering you're not feeling too well, rest up for the rest of the day.

Paula
01-02-16, 04:25 PM
How's the head now?

Pen
01-02-16, 05:06 PM
Wooly... Done the shopping, loaded the kiln. Retreated to the upstairs studio to watch the TV and maybe get round to some painting...

Suzi
01-02-16, 05:39 PM
Hope you're resting now lovely

Pen
01-02-16, 06:15 PM
Been zentangling my skin...

magie06
01-02-16, 06:19 PM
What is zentangling?

OldMike
01-02-16, 06:36 PM
I thought zentangling was a made up word till I contacted my old friend Google.

Here's the link to all you want to know about zentangling. https://www.zentangle.com/

Pen
01-02-16, 07:01 PM
I use the Zentangle ideas a lot in the artwork I do for relaxation. I found that when I want to cut myself that drawing on my arm helps.

Suzi
01-02-16, 09:18 PM
(panda)

OldMike
05-02-16, 02:47 PM
Hi Pen how are you today, feeling any better? (bear)

Pen
05-02-16, 04:31 PM
No. Much worst.

rose
05-02-16, 05:36 PM
I am having a bad time too. Thinking of you (panda)

Suzi
05-02-16, 09:16 PM
I've just been looking through your FB page as I was wondering how things are...
Sorry it's not good lovely...

Pen
08-02-16, 07:13 PM
Been struggling with one huge anxiety attack today. Been making clay figures frantically all day as a form of art therapy. All of which now on FB.

Angie
08-02-16, 07:31 PM
Have just seen some of you figures hun they are really good x

OldMike
08-02-16, 07:58 PM
I've just looked they look great Pen.

rose
08-02-16, 08:05 PM
I thought the spiderwebs looked good.

The GP took you off Pregabalin, didn't s/he? I actually asked my psychiatrist if there is any set time frame for taking Pregabalin, after what your GP said, and my psychiatrist said no, there isn't a set time frame. But it's expensive. And in a separate tale, my GP is trying to reduce what the psychiatrist prescribes me, to cut costs I think? Cheeky, hey?
Anyway, that long sentence was basically to say, you could go back to the doctor, and ask why you were taken off Pregabalin.
Instead of going in just saying you feel bad, you could go in with that question as well.
I know Pregabalin helps with anxiety, and that's what you say you are suffering now, and I am trying to think of ways to make a GP appointment have a positive outcome.

Big hugs (bear)

Suzi
08-02-16, 09:18 PM
As you know my littlist one and I were looking too! They are fab. Did it help as a distraction?

Paula
08-02-16, 09:51 PM
Rose's right, you should be told, anyway, why your meds have changed and the impact. If I'd have done that, I may have had it easier recently

Pen
08-02-16, 10:01 PM
As you know my littlist one and I were looking too! They are fab. Did it help as a distraction?

No not really, but feel a bit happier now that I have some test pieces in place for next week.

Pen
08-02-16, 10:05 PM
Rose's right, you should be told, anyway, why your meds have changed and the impact. If I'd have done that, I may have had it easier recently

My meds were changed over a year ago, I think I know the effect by now... When the pdoc said I should come off them it was 18 months ago. At the time pregabalin was not commonly used for anxiety so I think she was concerned about long term use. It is much more common now I think. I dont want to go onto any more meds. If anything I want to see the GP and ask to be taken off them all.

Pen
08-02-16, 11:12 PM
Been playing making plasticine models tonight, trouble is Ember seems to think plasticine is edible, she was convinced I would give her the finished models to eat!

OldMike
08-02-16, 11:17 PM
Is there an eatable modelling dough you could use instead of plasticine or did I just dream that up?

Pen
08-02-16, 11:28 PM
There probably is, but I need the finished models to work off tomorrow when I make them into clay so I would rather that she did not eat them!!

rose
08-02-16, 11:39 PM
Why do you want to come off all your meds?

Pen
09-02-16, 08:29 AM
I am just fed up with having mouth sores all the time and dont think the Venlefaxine is doing anything.

Anyway I have just tried to get an appointment, firstly with the dr I saw before and when I was told she was fully booked, with any doctor but they cant see me. The receptionist is going to talk to the dr's about getting me some more lorazapan without me having to see anyone.

Angie
09-02-16, 08:43 AM
I'm glad that you have been in touch with your gp's surgery hun and that they are trying to help x

Pen
09-02-16, 08:53 AM
I had such a terrible night last night that I am getting desperate.

Suzi
09-02-16, 11:14 AM
Oh Pen, I'm so sorry you're still feeling awful. I'm really pleased that you called the Dr and hope that this helps...

Pen
09-02-16, 12:47 PM
The doctors have got me an emergency appointment with the doc I saw before at 4:50 so we shall see.

magie06
09-02-16, 01:09 PM
Good luck with the appointment. I'll be thinking of you.

rose
09-02-16, 01:28 PM
Good luck (bear)

Paula
09-02-16, 01:40 PM
I'm glad they're seeing you today. Does H know you're planning on getting more lorazepam?

Angie
09-02-16, 01:50 PM
I'm glad your going to the docs hun x

Piglet
09-02-16, 02:21 PM
Well done for getting an appointment, Pen. Wishing you lots of luck with it. (((hugs)))

Suzi
09-02-16, 02:23 PM
Good luck lovely.

OldMike
09-02-16, 02:30 PM
The doctors have got me an emergency appointment with the doc I saw before at 4:50 so we shall see.

Good luck with the appointment Pen. (bear)

Pen
09-02-16, 03:28 PM
I'm glad they're seeing you today. Does H know you're planning on getting more lorazepam?

No, I have not told her I am going to the docs

Pen
09-02-16, 05:43 PM
OK I am back.

magie06
09-02-16, 05:44 PM
How did things go?

Pen
09-02-16, 05:47 PM
As expected. She has given me some more lorazapan, and said I should go back and see them in 2-3 weeks.

magie06
09-02-16, 05:51 PM
How do you feel about that? Were you expecting more?

Pen
09-02-16, 05:53 PM
What more is there? There is nothing else they can do.

Piglet
09-02-16, 06:00 PM
Well done for going, and please go back in 2-3 weeks as she asked.

Paula
09-02-16, 06:25 PM
Sweetheart, please let H know you've got the lorazapam?

Suzi
09-02-16, 08:33 PM
Have you told H about the meds?

rose
09-02-16, 09:39 PM
Pen, please give the Lorazepam to H to look after.
Did you tell them about how bad you've felt? What about that referral to the psychiatrist they promised?

Pen
09-02-16, 09:47 PM
No not told her

Pen
09-02-16, 09:56 PM
Did you tell them about how bad you've felt?
No not really. I could not really articulate it and I did not feel I could talk about it.

What about that referral to the psychiatrist they promised?
She did ask if I wanted a referral to the mental health team and I said no, that there was no point.

Paula
09-02-16, 10:03 PM
No not told her

Why not?

rose
09-02-16, 10:14 PM
Pen, tell us honestly, please, do you want the Lorazepam to help with anxiety, or are you planning to take them all at once?

magie06
09-02-16, 10:33 PM
Pen are you safe?

Pen
09-02-16, 10:38 PM
Pen, tell us honestly, please, do you want the Lorazepam to help with anxiety, or are you planning to take them all at once?

Not sure at the moment.

rose
09-02-16, 10:43 PM
So, maybe it would be a good idea to keep one or two and give the rest to H?
You've been doing so well recently, don't deny yourself the chance to feel better again.
You are strong and you can fight this (bear)

Pen
09-02-16, 11:16 PM
Pen are you safe?

Yes I am safe

Pen
10-02-16, 02:26 AM
Totally desperate. Now taken 4 lorazapan and still cant sleep. Nothing can help, no one can help, why should I not take the rest of the packet?

S deleted
10-02-16, 03:24 AM
Because you have a family who love you and friends who care.

OldMike
10-02-16, 09:21 AM
Because you have a family who love you and friends who care.

Exactly right Pen, I often struggle to sleep and find listening to classical music helps me make it through the night (see what I did there think that has the makings of a song). :)

Pen stay safe.

rose
10-02-16, 09:50 AM
Why couldn't you sleep, what was going on to prevent you sleeping?

Pen
10-02-16, 11:02 AM
I'm here.

Paula
10-02-16, 11:02 AM
Really good to hear. Did you talk to H? (panda)

Pen
10-02-16, 12:13 PM
Why couldn't you sleep, what was going on to prevent you sleeping?

I just cant sleep. Nothing is going on. I just spend hours looking at the ceiling feeling anxious and not able to sleep.

and No I have not told H

Angie
10-02-16, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear from you Pen, please consider talking to H x

Suzi
10-02-16, 01:01 PM
Can I ask why you haven't spoken to H about having the meds?
Can you email your surgery maybe even copying some of the posts here to her?

S deleted
10-02-16, 01:08 PM
Pen I know your struggling right now but stop and take a look around you. Your family love and care about you. Have you thought how your actions affect them especially H. She has your interests at heart and deserves to be kept in the loop. Talk to her.

rose
10-02-16, 03:03 PM
4 Lorazepam should be more than enough to relax you, shouldn't it? It doesn't sound like it's working.
I am glad you are safe (bear)

Pen
10-02-16, 03:07 PM
Well I woke up at 10 with Dad ringing the door bell, H had her suspicions that I had taken something as I was so hard to wake. Been groggy through the first class but made it ok, now going to take some more and sleep till the evening class.

rose
10-02-16, 03:19 PM
But if you take more, won't you sleep through the evening class? I think these are meant to be for emergencies and if you take several at once the doctor will notice and stop prescribing them.
I know you are feeling desperate but I don't know what to say to give you practical advice. The only way I could get psychiatric care was to go private but it's an expensive option, but at least you can get an appointment and they listen to you.

Piglet
10-02-16, 03:35 PM
Pen, please listen to everyone here. Not only do your family care about you, but your DWD friends care, too. I've seen first hand what it does to a family when a parent kills themself, and it's not good. Please keep safe.

If you can't speak to your GP, then print out your posts from here and hand it over. They really do need to know how you're feeling

(((hugs)))

Suzi
10-02-16, 04:36 PM
What strength have you been given?

Pen
10-02-16, 04:46 PM
1 mg up to 2 a day

Paula
10-02-16, 05:54 PM
So you know that's your limit yet you're overdosing. Pen, I think the world of you but you're behaving appallingly right now. You're jeopardising the business you've built up so successfully but, more importantly, you're jeopardising the health and wellbeing of your family. Yes, it's bad at the moment, but you've had bad before and got through. And you will get through again - but you have to talk to H and hand those meds over to her.

Pen
10-02-16, 06:24 PM
I have made the appointment to see the doctor again on 3 March. It will not be the doctor I saw before but another doctor from the team. At the moment I have no desire to stop taking overdoses, only in this way I'm not able to get to sleep and when I'm awake to be far enough away from reality to cope with how I'm feeling. I am not taking overdoses in an attempt to end my life simply trying to finding alternative virtual dimensions to exist in for a while that's does not have anything to do with the real-world.

rose
10-02-16, 06:42 PM
Pen, you're taking too many and I don't think the doctor is going to give you any more when you run out, and then you are going to have to deal with withdrawal on top of everything else.
I understand, I really think I do understand how you feel, about wanting to escape reality. Yes I take Valium as an escape and yes I sometimes have a drink with it, just to really get that dozy, out-of-it feeling, but it's not good for you and it's not a long-term or even medium-term fix.
What are you going to do between now and March 3rd? You can't get wasted every day just to survive.
I personally think you need an urgent psychiatric assessment.

We're all here for you. Please know that everything that's said is said out of love and concern for you.

Suzi
10-02-16, 08:30 PM
I'm really concerned about you. Can you not email your Dr? Have you chosen to have that next appointment with someone different?

Pen
10-02-16, 09:45 PM
No emailing the doctors is not an option. I did not choose to see a different doctor it was just who was available.

Rose, if I take too many and dont wake up it will be great...

rose
10-02-16, 09:49 PM
Did you take another load this afternoon?

Pen
10-02-16, 09:56 PM
Yes took 2 about 4 oclock and just taken another one now, along with some apricot brandy. I f it does not get me off to sleep in half an hour I will take another one and so on till I fall asleep.

rose
10-02-16, 09:58 PM
How many do you have?

Pen
10-02-16, 10:02 PM
I have 22 left

rose
10-02-16, 10:21 PM
You need to give those 22 tablets to your daughter. You need to stop drinking alcohol right now. You're not doing this to get a bit wasted, you are doing this to harm yourself. And I am really really worried about you.

Angie
10-02-16, 10:25 PM
Pen can you please give your tablets to your daughter, and also please ring, email or text the samaritans or go to A&E, get yourself some immetiate help hun x

S deleted
10-02-16, 10:35 PM
Right that's it! It stops right here! This is not fair on anybody here who is already struggling having to read posts about your abuse of medication. You most certainly are not being fair on your daughter who is doing everything she can to help you. It's a parents job to look out for there kids not the other way around so time for you to stop being so self absorbed and look at what you are doing to the people around you, who love and care for you. Do want H to walk in to wake you in the morning only to find a corpse? Have you stopped to ask yourself what that would do to her? You have worked too hard to build up your business and your life to throw it all away now. Time to put your bid girls pants on and pull them up high cos this is not the answer.

Paula
10-02-16, 11:02 PM
Pen, Stella's absolutely right. You're not just hurting yourself, you're hurting your family too. You need to talk to H and hubby and you HAVE TO GIVE H THOSE TABLETS NOW, telling her how many you've taken today. Please talk to the Samaritans or go to a&e if you're not safe.

Pen
11-02-16, 10:26 AM
Good morning world

Suzi
11-02-16, 10:40 AM
Morning Pen. I am so concerned about you. Please tell me honestly that you have given the meds to H?

Pen
11-02-16, 11:10 AM
I think that for the sake of all concerned on here that this topic is dropped. I will not be giving the meds to H FULL STOP, end of conversation.

Next topic.
Once I have got the dog out in this sunshine I am going to spend the day making some models ready for the classes next week. Thought a range of British wildlife might be quite fun, badgers, deer, mice, foxes maybe even experiment with some British birds, what do you think?

Suzi
11-02-16, 11:18 AM
I'll drop the subject, but I do wish that you'd talk to your/a dr about how you are really feeling...

I think that your models sound lovely. I'll look forward to seeing them!

rose
11-02-16, 12:45 PM
Are you feeling a bit better?

Hedgehogs, Owls..... I've got a stone owl that lives under my Rhododendron. Are you thinking of making them as garden ornaments?

OldMike
11-02-16, 12:47 PM
That's cool Rose hope you feed Mrs owl everyday.

How are you today Pen?

rose
11-02-16, 12:53 PM
No, Mike, I don't. Maybe that's why the Rhododendron has never flowered :(

Pen
11-02-16, 02:10 PM
Are you feeling a bit better?
No getting worst if anything, but lets not go there.

Hedgehogs, Owls..... I've got a stone owl that lives under my Rhododendron. Are you thinking of making them as garden ornaments? No they were going to be smaller than that. There is already a lot of garden ornaments. I was thinking more of small figures to inspire the kids in the classes. Although all I have managed today is to glaze a few pots.

OldMike
11-02-16, 02:12 PM
No, Mike, I don't. Maybe that's why the Rhododendron has never flowered :(

I had some old rhododendrons that flowered for years but they just got way too big took them out and replaced them with some white (Cunninghams White) ones and some pink (Pink Pearl) and they have flowered ok since I planted them pink have been in a couple of years the white 6 or 7 years.

magie06
11-02-16, 02:14 PM
Well done on getting that much done. I've brought Aisling to the dentist and I've sat down since. I've done some knitting but that's about it.

Suzi
11-02-16, 03:57 PM
Pen, I was wondering if you minded if I moved this thread to a different section? Over 18's?

rose
11-02-16, 05:19 PM
I put my thread in over 18s because I thought the first post in my thread could be very upsetting to some people. I didn't want to scare off the newbies!

Pen, I am not going to ask if you don't want me to, but I am going to offer a hug (panda). It seems a bit unsatisfactory under the circumstances, but there isn't a lot more I can do right now.

Pen
11-02-16, 06:11 PM
Pen, I was wondering if you minded if I moved this thread to a different section? Over 18's?

As this thread has been running for nearly a year now maybe its time to kill it off completely.

Suzi
11-02-16, 08:11 PM
OK, I'm happy to close it for you now.