PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Pen
27-11-15, 01:13 PM
Funny class last night, only one person turned up so he had a coffee and we chatted for half an hour and then he went home...

Today will be a challenge though. My friend cant come and help with the blind group so its just me, two blind people, two partly sighted and two sighted students... Not looking forward to it!

OldMike
27-11-15, 02:10 PM
Nearly finished the commission piece so a productive day. Had 4 people for the pottery club and will probably only have 3 tonight so will make a grand total of £35 for day. Oh well every little helps I guess!

So glad this is the last evening class of the week. I would much rather be in front of the fire cuddling Ember maybe doing a bit of drawing. Ember is here with me at the moment on the sofa resting her head on my spare tyre! So that seems like a good reason not to lose weight, what would she do for a pillow??

I just so love that image of ember using you're tum as a pillow, it made me give a real big smile. (happy) (happy)

Pen
27-11-15, 07:34 PM
Only done 5 hours of work today so feeling a bit guilty. I should be loading the kiln tonight but cant face it.

Feeling a bit anxious and cant face eating tonight.

rose
27-11-15, 07:38 PM
Make sure you eat something, you know not eating will make the anxiety worse.
A 5 hour day is perfectly acceptable for a Friday I think!

Paula
27-11-15, 08:10 PM
What have you got on over the weekend, hunni?

Pen
27-11-15, 08:19 PM
Two kids groups tomorrow morning and lunch with my brother.

Pen
27-11-15, 11:15 PM
My brother has just messaged to say we will be eating at a different place to usual. I have never been there before and I am stressing about it. I wonder if he will mind if I dont go?

OldMike
27-11-15, 11:27 PM
My brother has just messaged to say we will be eating at a different place to usual. I have never been there before and I am stressing about it. I wonder if he will mind if I dont go?

You should go I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

rose
28-11-15, 12:17 AM
What makes you anxious about going somewhere different?

Angie
28-11-15, 09:10 AM
Hun you never know you might enjoy the new place, can you give it a try ?

S deleted
28-11-15, 09:20 AM
I get that, but try and remember that although the surroundings may be unusual to you the company isn't. Maybe ask to meet him outside so you can walk in together. I know that helps me when going somewhere new.

Pen
28-11-15, 09:36 AM
He would not understand why I needed him to do that. We are not close he is more like an uncle than a brother as he is much older than me and left home when I was 5.

Suzi
28-11-15, 10:29 AM
Hope the classes are going well hun. Do you know why he changed the venue?

Paula
28-11-15, 11:59 AM
(bear) hunni. I really hope you can sort it out

Pen
04-12-15, 12:09 PM
Well coming to the end of another busy week. Just 4 more classes to go... and just one bag of clay in stock. Better dash out and buy some before the next class

Suzi
04-12-15, 02:45 PM
How are you feeling now lovely?

Paula
04-12-15, 03:00 PM
Are you working this weekend, or giving yourself a rest? ;)

Pen
04-12-15, 04:01 PM
How are you feeling now lovely? Been a bit hyper actually. Full of ideas for yarn bowls. Just finished the last class for today so going back out there in a second to finish off the 2 cereal bowls and one yarn bowl that I have in progress and start another three yarn bowls. Dont know if I will be able to sell them but I am having fun making them.

Pen
04-12-15, 04:04 PM
Are you working this weekend, or giving yourself a rest? ;)

rrreeeessstttt, re st, rrrrest... No sorry dont seem to be able to get that word, not sure its in my vocabulary....
Three classes tomorrow. 2 kids then an adults one.
Then I have to create a painting for my sons christmas present and finish off anything I start this evening.

Suzi
04-12-15, 05:13 PM
I've been looking at getting a yarn bowl - can't wait to see yours!

magie06
04-12-15, 06:24 PM
I've been on the look out for a yarn bowl too. Can't wait to see what you have. Remember though to price them according to market prices.

OldMike
04-12-15, 06:27 PM
I've been on the look out for a yarn bowl too. Can't wait to see what you have. Remember though to price them according to market prices.

What is a yarn bowl? Maggie is it a bowl you put wool in whilst knitting.

magie06
04-12-15, 06:56 PM
Exactly. It keeps the wool from rolling around while you knit. A great idea. The person who invented them needs a knighthood.

OldMike
04-12-15, 07:32 PM
Exactly. It keeps the wool from rolling around while you knit. A great idea. The person who invented them needs a knighthood.

I may be a silly old fool but wouldn't any old bowl do. :P

rose
04-12-15, 07:34 PM
I saw the pic you posted on facebook of the yarn bowl and I thought it was really nice looking. It hadn't occurred to me that a person might need a yarn bowl, but when I saw it it made sense!

Pen
04-12-15, 08:04 PM
I may be a silly old fool but wouldn't any old bowl do. :P

A well made yarn bowl does several things. A normal bowl is ok but the ball can still jump out. A yarn bowl has a loop cut in it to hold the wool and stop tangling as well as keeping the tension tight whilst knitting. It has enough depth and weight to stop the wool from jumping around.

Pen
04-12-15, 08:13 PM
I have posted up pictures of the work so far on my FB page and also on my website blog
[URL=http://www.carantoc-art.co.uk/blog/[/URL]

OldMike
04-12-15, 08:22 PM
I have posted up pictures of the work so far on my FB page and also on my website blog
http://www.carantoc-art.co.uk/blog/

Just read your blog, you're really talented, pity the troll planter cracked as you say it's probably still usable.

Pen
04-12-15, 08:28 PM
Just read your blog, you're really talented, pity the troll planter cracked as you say it's probably still usable.

Thank you (blush)

Pen
04-12-15, 08:48 PM
Now trying to decide whether to retire up to my bed with a glass of apricot brandy and water or a hot chocolate....

Suzi
04-12-15, 09:27 PM
Pen that's a beautiful shape! I love it!

rose
04-12-15, 10:08 PM
Apricot brandy!
I love the shape too :)

magie06
04-12-15, 11:02 PM
I think they all look lovely to me.

OldMike
04-12-15, 11:17 PM
Now trying to decide whether to retire up to my bed with a glass of apricot brandy and water or a hot chocolate....

I'm a teetotaler so I'd definitely go for the hot chocolate, must be years since I had hot chocolate now I suddenly want one. My mum used to like her liqueurs.

Pen
05-12-15, 02:03 AM
Well done Mike, I have a soft spot for Apricot Brandy but this is only the second bottle I have bought in 2 years. I have an issue with my mouth that means I can only drink it diluted and until recently I could not even drink it like that. I did however decide on the hot chocolate with whipped cream tonight.

OldMike
05-12-15, 09:26 AM
Well done Mike, I have a soft spot for Apricot Brandy but this is only the second bottle I have bought in 2 years. I have an issue with my mouth that means I can only drink it diluted and until recently I could not even drink it like that. I did however decide on the hot chocolate with whipped cream tonight.

Hot chocolate with whipped cream sounds delicious, as I recall my mum's favourite liqueur was apricot brandy.

Suzi
05-12-15, 01:09 PM
I'd have probably had a "grown up" hot chocolate and added the brandy in! :)

Pen
05-12-15, 01:23 PM
I'd have probably had a "grown up" hot chocolate and added the brandy in! :)

mmmm might try that tonight... or after the next class when I am off duty for a few days

magie06
05-12-15, 02:03 PM
Have you thought of how much you are going to charge for the knitting bowls?

Pen
05-12-15, 04:02 PM
Have you thought of how much you are going to charge for the knitting bowls?

Between £20 and £30 depending on the size and complexity. That seems to be around the going rate.

magie06
05-12-15, 04:23 PM
Yes, it sounds about right. I've seen them in the markets and they aren't a patch on what you've made. Don't sell yourself short. There's nothing worse than being asked to sell your stuff cheaper than what it's worth.

Paula
05-12-15, 05:06 PM
The quality of your work is outstanding :)

Pen
05-12-15, 07:03 PM
Just finished for the night. Made another bowl, this time a bit more fancy. Its on the FB site and will be on my blog in a moment.

Suzi
05-12-15, 08:42 PM
I love it!!

Pen
06-12-15, 09:12 AM
Was lying awake till 2 with my head full of ideas for developing the bowls. I was thinking that I could do a coil styled one with fancy coils carved like wood and a needle holder like a branch (bit like my gold lamp http://www.carantoc-art.co.uk/gallery/my-work/), or one like a tree trunk with a branch needle holder, or one with twisted vines cut away like a basket with leaves and blackberries or a one in the same style with roses, or one with waterweed carved out and an otter(s) playing in the weeds.... Oh boy I am going to be busy today :-)
Plus I still need to do a painting as a present for J for Christmas.

OldMike
06-12-15, 09:27 AM
Hi Pen I like the idea of a bowl with as you said with twisted vines cut away like a basket with leaves and blackberries either as a yarn bowl or even just a decorative or fruit bowl.

Suzi
06-12-15, 10:40 AM
I love your creativity!

Pen
06-12-15, 10:55 AM
I spent ages last night searching the web convinced that someone must have done these already but I cant find any signs that I would be treading on anyones toes by making these. Of course the more complex ones I can sell for more, some really complex bowls sell for £200 but I would not be looking for this I was thinking maybe £40-£50.

OldMike
06-12-15, 11:03 AM
Though I'm not looking for a yarn bowl I'd certainly be tempted to purchase a decorative bowl especially a unique piece as all your work is, as each is individually crafted they are all unique.

Pen
06-12-15, 11:40 AM
Though I'm not looking for a yarn bowl I'd certainly be tempted to purchase a decorative bowl especially a unique piece as all your work is, as each is individually crafted they are all unique.

They are certainly unique!(rofl)

Paula
06-12-15, 11:58 AM
I've got a nativity piece and it's stunning, Mike!

OldMike
06-12-15, 12:05 PM
They are certainly unique!(rofl)

Hehe I noticed you don't use a potter's wheel I'd have thought that'd be an essential piece of equipment for some of your pieces. I can see your point about it interfering with your creative processes but on occasions when you want something truly circular I think it would help. Just a thought. :)

OldMike
06-12-15, 12:07 PM
I've got a nativity piece and it's stunning, Mike!

I must have another look on Pen's site after lunch, there's a couple of pieces I like there.

Pen
06-12-15, 01:48 PM
Hehe I noticed you don't use a potter's wheel I'd have thought that'd be an essential piece of equipment for some of your pieces. I can see your point about it interfering with your creative processes but on occasions when you want something truly circular I think it would help. Just a thought. :)

I am looking for one at the moment but I can't afford a new one and second hand ones for sale are all too far away or not suitable.

Pen
06-12-15, 03:57 PM
Just finished another bowl and put to dry. Details on FB and website. Cant decide now if I should go and work on finishing off the third one I started on Thursday or starting the painting or locking up, lighting the fire, and crashing out, when I come back with Ember later.

Pen
06-12-15, 03:59 PM
I must have another look on Pen's site after lunch, there's a couple of pieces I like there.

Mike if you like any of the designs I am doing as yarn bowls I can easily make you a normal bowl in the same style. (nod)

OldMike
06-12-15, 04:03 PM
I may be dim ^) there seems to be shopping cart on your website, but how do you actually put anything in the cart or do you need to pre-order stuff, just help this old guy out. (I do my grocery shopping online so I'm not totally inept (rofl) )

Well maybe I am. :P

Pen
06-12-15, 04:37 PM
Ah you are not being dim. The only items than can be added to the cart are places on my courses. I dont sell much stuff, Paula was the first person to buy any of my things online and that was through FB. The main focus of the site is to attract people to my courses and show that I am a bona fida company and that I do know how to make pottery (rofl)

Pen
07-12-15, 04:24 PM
Well so far on my "day off" I have done the banking, bought and collected a new sign for the studio, finished off the pots, unloaded the kiln and photographed the contents and sorted out a load of stuff to be collected.

OldMike
07-12-15, 04:27 PM
Wow you do more on your day off than when you're working. (rofl)

Pen
07-12-15, 05:07 PM
Oh I dont know, only done 4 hours of work today, the rest of the week I will do about 9-10 hours a day....

Paula
07-12-15, 05:09 PM
You exhaust me just reading your posts ;)

Pen
07-12-15, 05:19 PM
Only by keeping busy can I keep the demons away,
when I stop they all come out to play.

(devil)

Suzi
07-12-15, 06:15 PM
Are you OK lovely?

Charlie2484s
07-12-15, 06:53 PM
You are an inspiration that gives me great hope for the future. Thank you.x

OldMike
07-12-15, 07:02 PM
Only by keeping busy can I keep the demons away,
when I stop they all come out to play.

(devil)

*pokes those demons with a pointy stick* you keep away from Pen you bad demons

Pen
07-12-15, 07:18 PM
Are you OK lovely?

Yes, just a bit tired.

Pen
07-12-15, 07:19 PM
*pokes those demons with a pointy stick* you keep away from Pen you bad demons

lol (ninja1)(devil)

Suzi
07-12-15, 07:28 PM
Any chance of resting? Even a little? (Stop laughing!)

Pen
07-12-15, 08:17 PM
H has just fed me and I am sitting on my bed watching catch up tv and drawing, so resting a bit. Feeling very guilty that I am not in the studio making bowls though...

rose
07-12-15, 08:32 PM
Its gone 8pm, please please don't feel guilty for resting now!
And I agree, you're an inspiration :)

Suzi
07-12-15, 09:04 PM
I completely agree with Rose! Rest Pen!

Pen
07-12-15, 09:12 PM
Well the demons are back...

rose
07-12-15, 09:17 PM
Mine are back too tonight. What kind of demons are yours?

Pen
07-12-15, 10:08 PM
Mine are telling me to hurt myself.

rose
07-12-15, 10:15 PM
Mine are telling me to buy stuff. All I can suggest is distraction or sleep. Do you have any Lorazepam?

rose
08-12-15, 12:58 AM
You ok Pen?

Pen
08-12-15, 01:12 AM
Yes, getting by. How are you?

OldMike
08-12-15, 01:16 AM
Still up Pen? Don't say you can't sleep, how about some hot chocolate that might help. (tea) (can't find hot chocolate smiley)

Pen
08-12-15, 01:18 AM
Yep. Slept for a couple of hours now wide awake!

OldMike
08-12-15, 01:23 AM
I fell asleep in the chair about 9pm listening to the radio must have slept for at least an hour or more now I'm wide awake.

OldMike
08-12-15, 01:27 AM
Currently listening to the radio station Classicfm via the internet.

Think I'll retire to bed and listen to the radio there.

Night Pen hope you can get some sleep soon.

rose
08-12-15, 01:28 AM
Yes, getting by. How are you?

As long as those thoughts are gone! I am lying awake as usual!

Pen
08-12-15, 01:58 AM
Just been holiday hunting. I have not been away on holiday since 2007 and I think I might be able to afford it this year. Been trying to find somewhere that allows dogs, has fishing but does not allow children. Unfortunately none of the websites I have been looking at has a no kids option.

rose
08-12-15, 11:01 AM
If you go during term time, the number of kids should be minimal?
Are you thinking of going abroad?

Pen
08-12-15, 12:33 PM
No way hubby would go abroad and I want to take Ember so looking in the UK in June.

OldMike
08-12-15, 01:29 PM
Is there any reason you want a no kids policy, is it you just want a quiet time? I thought the actions of kids playing may make you smile.

Pen
08-12-15, 03:20 PM
Mike I spend 11 1/2 months amusing kids and being nice to them I would like not to hear one for a week or two!

OldMike
08-12-15, 03:43 PM
Mike I spend 11 1/2 months amusing kids and being nice to them I would like not to hear one for a week or two!

Ah of course your kids pottery classes (why didn't I think of that) I understand now. hope you find somewhere suitable soon. :)

Pen
08-12-15, 03:47 PM
It was only an idea. I am not sure I will get round to booking anything. I am terrified of not having any money and so am always constantly worried that although things are going ok at the moment that everything will collapse and I will be skint. Its part of the reason I have not had a holiday for 8 years.

OldMike
08-12-15, 03:55 PM
Maybe a long weekend away would be nice to give you a break. (just a thought)

Pen
08-12-15, 04:04 PM
Maybe.

Quite liking the look of this though at the moment...
http://www.millbrookcottages.co.uk/corncott.php

Suzi
08-12-15, 04:08 PM
I can totally understand that about money. What kind of thing are you looking for? Try checking out trip advisor - it's where we found a lovely cabin in Wales which we've used a couple of times.

OldMike
08-12-15, 04:09 PM
Looks really nice there Pen. (nod)

Pen
08-12-15, 10:03 PM
Arg.. Broke 2 leaves on the bowl I made at the weekend. Also had another one I was working on collapse. So tired I can hardly stand but still need to load the dishwasher before bed. (I just love how my phones predictive text has learnt that I am more likely to be loading the kiln than the dishwasher!)

Paula
08-12-15, 10:03 PM
Oh no :(

Pen
08-12-15, 10:17 PM
Thinking an apricot brandy and a packet of chocolate peanuts and some drawing may help.

The collapsed bowl was a stupid mistake (well they both were actually) I decided to carve two otters swimming through waterweed but the bowl was still a bit soft and I got carried away. I repaired the mistake and dried it off to harden it however now it is in danger of getting too hard. So given it a good spray with water and wrapped it up in plastic for the night.
The other bowl I have attempted a repair however it was very dry, almost ready for the kiln so I dont know if the repair will hold. If not I will have to make a feature of them. Very annoyed with myself though for such a silly error.

OldMike
08-12-15, 10:26 PM
Thinking an apricot brandy and a packet of chocolate peanuts and some drawing may help.

The collapsed bowl was a stupid mistake (well they both were actually) I decided to carve two otters swimming through waterweed but the bowl was still a bit soft and I got carried away. I repaired the mistake and dried it off to harden it however now it is in danger of getting too hard. So given it a good spray with water and wrapped it up in plastic for the night.
The other bowl I have attempted a repair however it was very dry, almost ready for the kiln so I dont know if the repair will hold. If not I will have to make a feature of them. Very annoyed with myself though for such a silly error.

You know what they say the man (or woman :) ) who never made a mistake never made anything.

One piece I really like is the lion bottom centre on your website, I like its naive charm. (Now you're going to tell me it isn't a lion and I'll look a total fool)

Pen
08-12-15, 10:32 PM
Ah Larry the lion. He spurred many kids to make lions at the time! Unfortunately he got dropped and now his tail is in three sections...

OldMike
08-12-15, 10:42 PM
Poor Larry I can feel his pain.

Pen
08-12-15, 11:04 PM
Yes the poor fella will never be the same again. However it does mean he will have to stay living with me, I can never let him go now in that state.

OldMike
08-12-15, 11:08 PM
Awww what a shame I really wanted him for my mantlepiece.

Pen
08-12-15, 11:28 PM
If I get round to making another I will bear you in mind (rofl)

Pen
08-12-15, 11:39 PM
Just added some new stuff to my gallery

OldMike
08-12-15, 11:49 PM
Just added some new stuff to my gallery

Goes to look :)

Pen
09-12-15, 03:22 PM
Right... shall I walk the dog, go to sleep or finish my latest bowl.... decisions decisions... This is such a tough job I do.(whew)

OldMike
09-12-15, 03:32 PM
Right... shall I walk the dog, go to sleep or finish my latest bowl.... decisions decisions... This is such a tough job I do.(whew)

*Light bulb moment* why not train your doggy to power your potter's wheel via a treadmill, result you throw a few pots and doggy gets some exercise. Job done magic Mike strikes again. :)

Pen
09-12-15, 09:51 PM
Another day over... Finished another yarn bowl. This one is a carved bowl of water weeds and otters.
Pictures on FB and here
http://www.carantoc-art.co.uk/blog/

Pen
09-12-15, 10:25 PM
Blooming facebook.... You know how every now and then they throw up a post from a previous year or so? Tonight it threw up one from 2 years back, a great cartoon about depression and building a nest. I opened it up and attached to the cartoon was a conversation I had with a friend about us hiding in the nest together.... seven months after this post this friend killed herself. All the pain has just come back...

Suzi
10-12-15, 08:41 AM
Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry... (panda)(bear)

Pen
10-12-15, 08:47 AM
Had a really bad night, full of nightmares, interspersed with periods of being unable to sleep.
The world is such a horrible place, disasters and killings everywhere I dont want to be in the world anymore.

Paula
10-12-15, 09:57 AM
(panda) hunni you were bound to have a reaction to what happened last night. There's lots of horrible stuff in this world but also lots of beauty. I hope you can hold on to the beauty today

OldMike
10-12-15, 10:13 AM
Pen try and concentrate on the good things in this world, there's lots of good people never forget that. Just look at this forum, there's some very inspirational people on DWD.

On the fun side I looked at your latest bowl two otters playing among some reeds, look as I may I couldn't see any otters, are they stealthy ninja otters ready to leap out and surprise you. :P

I see you give kids pottery classes, that must fill you with delight seeing the look on a child's face when they make their first piece of pottery. You're an inspiration too with your artistic skills. (panda)

Pen
10-12-15, 10:38 AM
On the fun side I looked at your latest bowl two otters playing among some reeds, look as I may I couldn't see any otters, are they stealthy ninja otters ready to leap out and surprise you. Yes... Once the piece is coloured you will be able to see them but at the moment they do look a bit like the reeds.

The kids are fun (in small doses!) most of the kids are full of ideas of what to make although after a few weeks I do have to have some projects up my sleeves for them. I actually get the biggest kick from seeing the boys getting stuck in. Often they are dragged along because their sister wants to do it and Mum/Dad does not want to leave brother at home alone. However once they get an idea they are off, and are usually the more creative with ideas. It is not unusual at the end of the session for Mum and sister to have cleared up, had a biscuit and be standing with their coats on whilst junior is still fiddling away with details. I had a teen age boy dragged along at half term, he had never done pottery before but made this fabulous chicken. He practically was dragged out by his mum at the end.

Suzi
10-12-15, 01:29 PM
You are right, there are some hideous things/acts/people around but for each horrible thing there are amazing people too. Try to hold on to the light things too lovely.

I'm loving following your page on FB. It's full of beautiful things all the time!

Pen
10-12-15, 03:27 PM
Thank you Suzi, I do try. Feeling VERY guilty at the moment. Its pouring with rain here and I am in a quandary. Ember is asking to go for a walk, but I know that if I try and take her she wont go, but she is upset with me that I am not getting ready to go out. Also H has gone out for the evening so I cant decide if it is best to take Ember into the studio with me for the kids club at 4:30 but tie her up in the corner or leave her shut up on her own in the house... I know she would want to be with me in the Studio but she is scared of kids. I could put her at the back on her bed tied up so she cant roam round and put a fence in front of her to make sure no-one goes near her but at the same time I dont like tying her up.

rose
10-12-15, 04:07 PM
What about putting her upstairs in the studio? Do you have a stairgate you could use?

Suzi
10-12-15, 08:21 PM
Aw poor Ember!! The idea of using a stairgate is brilliant!

Pen
10-12-15, 09:24 PM
I tried putting her bed at the foot of the stairs and barricading her in but she just ran halfway up the stairs and barked at them from there.
Had just one person for the class tonight but that was ok as I made as much money with that one person as I made with the three kids I had earlier! she made a coil bowl and so I worked on my own bowls alongside her (nothing worst than having the instructor breathing down your neck!) I made up three bowls ready for hardening up enough for the next stage. Two of the bowls I made last week will come out of the kiln in the morning and be glazed and put back in for a second firing tomorrow afternoon, so should have some finished bowls by the weekend. Quite impressed myself with my productivity!

OldMike
10-12-15, 10:14 PM
That's cool Pen. How about making a friend for Larry the Lion? Hint hint me liked Larry so much.

You certainly are industrious I can see you setting up a production line. :P

Pen
10-12-15, 10:27 PM
I'll see what I can do Mike (rofl)

Pen
11-12-15, 09:11 AM
I'm not a great believer of horoscopes but does this definition of my star sign sound like someone you know?

The sign of the high roller, Capricorn is regarded as the zodiacs top, but also quiet, life and business achievers. But, there are two very different types of Capricorns.

The first is represented by the mountain goat, always climbing higher and higher; never content until reaching the top. The second is the garden goat, with little adventurous spirit or ambition-happy to remain within a small domain, refusing to budge unless it is pushed. Either type of Capricorn, however, is patient and persevering. They reach their goals because they know the longest journey commences with a single step and that the first step is always the most difficult.

The one thing a Capricorn must always try to do is balance work with play; otherwise they can become too one-sided and work can replace true personal emotional fulfilment. Continually climbing the eternal mountain of success, Capricornians rise to the occasion when faced with a new task or deadline. Even if something comes to a grinding halt, their ambition to reach the ultimate keeps them moving forever onwards and upwards (prompted by the strict influence of ruling planet Saturn). Although conservative and cautious, Goats are willing to try unusual approaches on their road to success in business or in love. Romantically, they desire a permanent relationship with someone who'll give them the affection they crave (and often neglect to give themselves!)

The rulership of Saturn - the planet representing responsibility, structure and hard work - ensures that Capricorns in their truest of expression, are ambitious, practical and superb organizers. Although many Capricorns are borderline workaholics, this doesn't necessarily make them dull or gloomy! They have an offbeat sense of humour, which seems to erupt at the most unexpected moments. Their motivating force in life is success, money, status, authority and - although many might not admit it - love. By nature Capricorns are cautious when entering a new love relationship, but once they feel 'safe' with their partner, the cool exterior melts away to reveal a sensitive and loyal heart beneath. As a friend, Capricorns can be relied upon to provide the strongest and most sympathetic pair of shoulders in the zodiac...

OldMike
11-12-15, 09:32 AM
I always thought you were an old goat Pen (just joking).

I can see you are practical have a good work ethic and are very creative and are a loyal friend to those closest to you. (nod)

rose
11-12-15, 09:52 AM
I'm a capricorn too and I always think the descriptions like the one above sum me up pretty well.
And yes, it sounds like you too!

OldMike
11-12-15, 09:53 AM
This is what I found out about Aquarius my star sign, I so wish I was like that. On second thoughts the contrariness and detachment part is so true, that's so spooky. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/mikeyates1000/shocked_zpsiyzxjupq.gif (http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/mikeyates1000/media/shocked_zpsiyzxjupq.gif.html)

Aquarius (The Water-Bearer)
January 21 - February 19
An Aquarian's profile is one of friendliness, intelligence, loyalty and inventiveness, but they can show contrariness and be prone to detachment. It's not like Aquarians lack feelings; they are just a little different in that department. Friends are very important to Aquarians and they love mixing with groups of like minded people. Those born under this sign are thinkers and communicators. An Aquarian is also known as The Water-Bearer and is influenced by Uranus, Saturn and the Sun.

Suzi
11-12-15, 10:14 AM
You are so busy!
Wrt Ember - can you make her an area in the studio? Somewhere that she can be safe from the children, but that she can still be with you?

Pen
11-12-15, 05:44 PM
I am trying to get her to settle at the foot of the stairs but she is not keen and would rather lie by the door. If I try fencing her in at the back of the room she just keeps barking.
Managed to get the two christmas present bowls and the commission piece in the kiln this morning along with two of the yarn bowls, so looking forward to seeing how they come out. Really tired tonight but determined to go back out to the studio now and work on the three bowls that I started yesterday.

Suzi
11-12-15, 08:58 PM
I can't wait to see them too!

Pen
11-12-15, 09:10 PM
Larry the lion has a little friend tonight. Laurence the lion. Not sure he is quite as good as Larry but we will see when he in fired.

Suzi
11-12-15, 11:10 PM
Aww! Fantastic!

OldMike
11-12-15, 11:53 PM
Larry the lion has a little friend tonight. Laurence the lion. Not sure he is quite as good as Larry but we will see when he in fired.

That's so cool *clears a spot on the mantlepiece.*

Pen
12-12-15, 04:16 PM
Pleased with the two cereal bowls, but dare not put up pictures in case the boys see them. The other pots, two yarn bowls and a drinking mug are on facebook. (and shortly the website)

Paula
12-12-15, 06:33 PM
They're fantastic!

OldMike
12-12-15, 08:11 PM
Brilliant Pen I so like the colours and ivy leaves of the first yarn bowl.

Pen
12-12-15, 08:33 PM
Its surprising the difference a glaze can make. I have someone coming over on Thursday to see it in the flesh who is interested in buying it.

rose
12-12-15, 08:36 PM
So pretty :)

OldMike
12-12-15, 08:56 PM
Its surprising the difference a glaze can make. I have someone coming over on Thursday to see it in the flesh who is interested in buying it.

When I first saw the yarn bowls I think before they were fired all I could see was the form but little more. After glazing and firing it was like the transformation of a caterpillar into a butterfly. Your artist's eye must be able to see beyond the mere form to the finished article.

Pen
12-12-15, 10:16 PM
The wonderful and scary thing about making things in ceramics is that whilst you have an idea of what you think something will come out like you can never be sure until the final firing and then rarely does it come out like you expect. Opening the kiln after a final firing is like opening christmas presents. You have a suspicion/hope of what will be in there but you are never sure until you lift the lid and you do have to be able to look at something and go "well that was not what I expected however I quite like what has happened" Some people dont like this unpredictability but as a ceramist you have to embrace it.

Suzi
12-12-15, 10:40 PM
Those are beautiful!

Pen
13-12-15, 02:05 PM
Now I know it must be Christmas just came home from walking the dog to find H washing the kitchen floor!!!

Suzi
13-12-15, 02:15 PM
Fantastic! Well done H!

OldMike
13-12-15, 02:35 PM
Now I know it must be Christmas just came home from walking the dog to find H washing the kitchen floor!!!

Wow Pen bet you wish it was Christmas everyday then you'd never have to wash a floor again.

Pen
13-12-15, 03:37 PM
Oh it would be nice Mike.

Just bit the bullet and booked myself and hubby a week away in June. I am so excited!!! Its been so long since we went away and the last time we went away just the two of us was our very short (3 day) honeymoon.

OldMike
13-12-15, 03:53 PM
Glad you've managed to book a week away. *crosses fingers and hopes the weather in June is good*

Pen
13-12-15, 04:12 PM
crosses fingers and hopes the weather in June is good
Oh we wont worry if its not. The cottage has a log burner and both of us are quite used to being outside in a British summer. Hubby will have a fishing umbrella and I will pack him off to the lakes and I will sit by the fire and read if it gets too bad! I also plan to drag the poor guy around a few museums and art galleries (although it maybe the case that I go round the galleries whilst he entertains Ember!)

OldMike
13-12-15, 04:46 PM
Sounds like you'll have a great time. :)

rose
13-12-15, 05:28 PM
This is great. A proper holiday for the two of you together.
How's his house sale / purchase coming along?

Pen
13-12-15, 06:03 PM
Ticking along. I made an offer for a bungalow for them on Monday which was accepted so things are moving.

Paula
13-12-15, 06:33 PM
All fantastic news :)

Suzi
13-12-15, 07:04 PM
Brilliant! Well done lovely!

rose
13-12-15, 07:05 PM
That's great news. I did smile that it was you that had to do the job of making the offer. But I am glad they have found something they like. Is it near you?

Pen
14-12-15, 09:01 AM
Yes, its just up the road. BIL has not seen it. Hubby went and had a look (after I twisted his arm) with H and decided that he liked it so we made an offer. Its probably about 15 minutes walk away (less than 5 in a car). Its not as well placed for shops and things as the other bungalow I shortlisted but it seems a better place. Its detached which was a bonus but was going cheap as the kitchen is "interesting" - there is nowhere to put a cooker, and it has no central heating. But the boys dont mind. Hubby is planning to live with M in the bungalow after the move and not with me.

OldMike
14-12-15, 09:35 AM
Yes, its just up the road. BIL has not seen it. Hubby went and had a look (after I twisted his arm) with H and decided that he liked it so we made an offer. Its probably about 15 minutes walk away (less than 5 in a car). Its not as well placed for shops and things as the other bungalow I shortlisted but it seems a better place. Its detached which was a bonus but was going cheap as the kitchen is "interesting" - there is nowhere to put a cooker, and it has no central heating. But the boys dont mind. Hubby is planning to live with M in the bungalow after the move and not with me.

Hi Pen I'm totally confused here what with BIL, H, M, the boys & hubby and hubby is going to live with M not you. It's like some TV soap.

Paula
14-12-15, 10:25 AM
. Hubby is planning to live with M in the bungalow after the move and not with me.

How do you feel about that?

Mike BIL brother in law, H is Pen's daughter, M is the BIL, 'the boys' refers to hubby and BIL

OldMike
14-12-15, 10:41 AM
How do you feel about that?

Mike BIL brother in law, H is Pen's daughter, M is the BIL, 'the boys' refers to hubby and BIL

I thought BIL was a shortened version of BILL and the boys were Pen's sons.

Things are a little clearer but it still seems like a mathematical conundrum.

Suzi
14-12-15, 10:54 AM
That sounds fab that he's found somewhere and been spurred on to make an offer! How do you feel about him still living with BIL, rather than with you?

Pen
14-12-15, 11:04 AM
Things are a little clearer but it still seems like a mathematical conundrum.

Oh it so is Mike....

I'm ok with it actually. After 24 years of marriage I am used to him NOT living with me. He asked me last week if I wanted him to live with me and and I actually replied no.... There are lots of practical reasons for him to carry on living with M, M has never lived alone and I think he would struggle in a brand new location where he only knows us and does not know the location without hubby there to look after him, also hubby can keep all his stuff at the new bungalow and I wont have to make room for him here. He will be close enough to be able to come over if I need him and I expect he will still spend weekends here as I am sure M will want to get rid of him some of the time.

OldMike
14-12-15, 11:20 AM
Oh it so is Mike....

I'm ok with it actually. After 24 years of marriage I am used to him NOT living with me. He asked me last week if I wanted him to live with me and and I actually replied no.... There are lots of practical reasons for him to carry on living with M, M has never lived alone and I think he would struggle in a brand new location where he only knows us and does not know the location without hubby there to look after him, also hubby can keep all his stuff at the new bungalow and I wont have to make room for him here. He will be close enough to be able to come over if I need him and I expect he will still spend weekends here as I am sure M will want to get rid of him some of the time.

Thanks Pen I get it (I think), the main thing is as long as you're all happy with the arrangement and it suits you all then that's great.

Suzi
14-12-15, 01:41 PM
I'm glad that you are happy with it lovely - but it'd be nice to have him closer?

Pen
14-12-15, 05:31 PM
A and H have gone out for the night. I am here all alone. No idea what to do for dinner, not that I want any.

OldMike
14-12-15, 06:42 PM
A and H have gone out for the night. I am here all alone. No idea what to do for dinner, not that I want any.

Ah more letters does H your daughter live with you and who is this mysterious "A" and is there a Mr X locked away in the attic. (rofl)

Pen you should try and eat something, take care.

Paula
14-12-15, 07:29 PM
Eat, lovely! That's an order

Pen
14-12-15, 07:46 PM
Ah more letters does H your daughter live with you and who is this mysterious "A" and is there a Mr X locked away in the attic. (rofl)

I dont have a Mr X but I do have a J and a U. So my family...
H is my daughter. She and her boyfriend A live with me in Weston-Super-Mare
J is my son he lives in Bristol with his Girlfriend U.
M and S are my hubby's older twin brothers. M lives with him in South Wales, S lives in Manchester and is causing great distress to the family by forcing M and hubby to sell the family home in S. Wales.
Ember is my dog, Hazel is my cat.
and last but not least my Dad (who has just turned 90) lives close by as well....

I have fed Ember and thats the important thing.

Suzi
14-12-15, 07:58 PM
You are important too! Have you eaten?

Pen
14-12-15, 08:29 PM
Just doing so. battered cod on a bed of Mediterranean rice.

OldMike
14-12-15, 08:41 PM
Just doing so. battered cod on a bed of Mediterranean rice.

That sounds so exotic. :) Hope you enjoy it Pen. (nod)

About 5:30 pm I had fish, chips and mushy peas (us northerners are so unsophisticated)

Angie
14-12-15, 08:44 PM
Nothing wrong with that Mike, can't beat it.
Glad you are eating Pen hun, and sounds great that they have found a house x

Pen
14-12-15, 08:55 PM
That sounds so exotic. :) Hope you enjoy it Pen. (nod)

About 5:30 pm I had fish, chips and mushy peas (us northerners are so unsophisticated)

It may sound exotic but it was just odd bits I found in the freezer. 4 minute Birds Eye rice and 25 minutes stick in the oven battered fish from Iceland. Would have rather proper fish and chips (dont like mushy peas though)

OldMike
14-12-15, 11:00 PM
It may sound exotic but it was just odd bits I found in the freezer. 4 minute Birds Eye rice and 25 minutes stick in the oven battered fish from Iceland. Would have rather proper fish and chips (dont like mushy peas though)

I usually have Birds Eye frozen fish and just a few chips with marrowfat peas or mushy or garden peas whatever takes my fancy with a bread roll or slice of bread.

Pen
14-12-15, 11:04 PM
Give me garden peas every time!

OldMike
14-12-15, 11:17 PM
Give me garden peas every time!

There's nothing better than peas you've grown yourself.
I have grown peas in the past but not recently.
Grew broad beans a couple of years ago only got one meal from them, wasn't worth all the effort. :s

Pen
15-12-15, 10:34 AM
OMG I slept for 10 hours last night! Did wake up for half an hour at 3 but could not believe it when I woke finally and looked at the clock, was so sure it was wrong I had to check it on my phone!

OldMike
15-12-15, 11:04 AM
OMG I slept for 10 hours last night! Did wake up for half an hour at 3 but could not believe it when I woke finally and looked at the clock, was so sure it was wrong I had to check it on my phone!

That's good Pen that you got a good nights sleep (unless you were late for an appointment or a pottery class in which case Oh No!!!)

Suzi
15-12-15, 11:37 AM
Sounds like you needed the rest! How are you feeling today?

Pen
15-12-15, 12:00 PM
Feeling very low today.

OldMike
15-12-15, 12:03 PM
Feeling very low today.

awwww hope you feel better soon (bear) (panda)

OldMike
15-12-15, 12:05 PM
Have you any pottery projects to occupy yourself with today?

Pen
15-12-15, 12:13 PM
Two classes to keep me occupied complete with mulled fruit juice, mince pies and chocolate biscuits. I also have two bowls to glaze and a third to finish off ready to dry and two more to start. Plus I have to prepare a game for my students for tomorrow and create vouchers for people who are looking to buy pottery classes as Christmas presents.

OldMike
15-12-15, 12:23 PM
You've certainly got a busy day, hope it goes really well, mince pies and chocolate biscuits I'm so jealous, take care.

Suzi
15-12-15, 01:08 PM
Sounds like another really busy day! Hope it's a good one though!

rose
15-12-15, 01:46 PM
Feeling very low today.

Any idea why? (panda)

Paula
15-12-15, 01:53 PM
((big hugs))

OldMike
15-12-15, 03:04 PM
((big hugs))

This is from Paula, me and the rest of DWD. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/mikeyates1000/teddy_zps0icd2faw.gif (http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/mikeyates1000/media/teddy_zps0icd2faw.gif.html)

Pen
15-12-15, 03:25 PM
Any idea why? (panda)

No, just need a break I think. It feels like I am wading through custard today.

Pen
15-12-15, 03:27 PM
H brewed up a fantastic mulled wine alternative with orange and apple juice I have just finished off the rest of the pan cold. Cant wait till the next brew tonight. I will certainly get my vitamin C today!

Paula
15-12-15, 03:27 PM
Are you getting some time off over Christmas?

OldMike
15-12-15, 03:30 PM
No, just need a break I think. It feels like I am wading through custard today.

Often I feel like I'm wading through treacle, but the thought of wading through custard seems rather more pleasant be sure to take a spoon and eat some of that custard on the way. ;)

Pen
15-12-15, 03:33 PM
Often I feel like I'm wading through treacle, but the thought of wading through custard seems rather more pleasant be sure to take a spoon and eat some of that custard on the way. ;)

Nah...Dont like cold custard

Pen
15-12-15, 03:39 PM
Are you getting some time off over Christmas?

Mmmm depends what you mean by time off.... Hubby is going to let me have his new plastic shed... BUT I will need to build it first. Then I want to transfer all the stuff that is stored in the studio but dont need to be there like my bike, garden tools, power tools etc into the shed. Then I want to tidy and rearrange everything and clear the floor so I can paint it.
Alongside this of course there is artwork to finish and students work to get fired over the break.

Hopefully I will be able to get some sort of break though. I am planning to rest over Christmas, Boxing Day and my Birthday (27th). However as this year I have a major birthday coming up I suspect that H will want me to celebrate it somehow.

OldMike
15-12-15, 03:49 PM
Surely hubby should build your shed, you haven't trained him very well. ;)

OldMike
15-12-15, 03:52 PM
I see it's the big Five O next cool, for me 69 shortly then in another year 70 that makes me feel ancient.

Edit: Must be getting old doubled posted with almost identical posts grrrr

Pen
15-12-15, 06:02 PM
Surely hubby should build your shed, you haven't trained him very well. ;)

Oh I will work on him :P

rose
15-12-15, 06:14 PM
Hubby should definitely build the shed as a thank you for all your work finding him somewhere to live.

Suzi
15-12-15, 08:04 PM
Absolutely agree he should build it!

magie06
15-12-15, 08:07 PM
Building anything in this house is man's work. I would probably get it wrong from the beginning.

rose
15-12-15, 08:24 PM
Building anything in this house is man's work. I would probably get it wrong from the beginning.

I bet you wouldn't.

magie06
15-12-15, 08:26 PM
I have to say that some of my flat pack furniture is still standing.

Pen
15-12-15, 09:49 PM
I have become very good over the years of putting things together, putting up shelves, painting walls dealing with electrics and minor plumbing emergencies without a man. However putting up the shed is definitely a two MAN job. I know if I tried to put it together however a good job I did he would find something to find fault with so I will get him to do it over the Christmas hols.

If I survive that long...

Please can I die now?

rose
15-12-15, 09:57 PM
If I'm not allowed to die, I don't see why you should be allowed to.....
Are you ok? (bear)

Pen
15-12-15, 10:16 PM
Yes I'm fine. Just a bit tired and down as I did not win the wheel I was bidding on an broke one of my ceramic pieces this evening. So a spot of Apricot brandy and chocolate peanuts and some drawing in bed will help I'm sure.

Suzi
16-12-15, 10:31 AM
How are you feeling today lovely?

Pen
16-12-15, 03:19 PM
Tired, tearful and anxious

rose
16-12-15, 05:51 PM
Tired, tearful and anxious

What do you have on today? Do certain classes make you feel more anxious?

Paula
16-12-15, 06:32 PM
(panda)

Suzi
16-12-15, 07:18 PM
Oh sweetheart! Do you know whether there's a definite trigger?

Pen
17-12-15, 10:53 AM
No. At the moment I am too far down the hole to see what pushed me in.

rose
17-12-15, 10:58 AM
(panda)

OldMike
19-12-15, 12:03 PM
I wish I had the answer to make you feel better Pen, all I can do is send you a hug. (bear) take care.

Suzi
19-12-15, 01:12 PM
Aw Pen! You've been doing so much it sounds like you need to rest... Are you eating and drinking properly? Doing anything but work?

S deleted
19-12-15, 01:40 PM
Pen I think you can forgive yourself for feeling a bit down with everything that is going on. With your work, the house sale/purchase, and the time of year anyone would find it a bit of a struggle, without this illness to contend with. I actually think you are going brilliantly and have every faith in you.

Things will get better

magie06
19-12-15, 02:01 PM
You are doing brilliantly. Look at all you've achieved. It makes me jealous when I see what you have done! Take care of yourself, and I will pray for you this evening.

Paula
19-12-15, 02:11 PM
How are you today, lovely?

Pen
19-12-15, 08:44 PM
Aw Pen! You've been doing so much it sounds like you need to rest... Are you eating and drinking properly? Doing anything but work?

No not really to any of those. I just feel ill all the time, sometimes I feel hungry but then when I eat I just feel sick again. I have huge sore on the side of my tongue which is also not helping. Had three classes today, finished at 3:30 but I have no idea what I have done since then, everything is blank.
Hubby has gone out to get a Chinese to try and get me to eat something.

Suzi
19-12-15, 09:42 PM
Any chance you could get those sores checked out?

Pen
19-12-15, 10:00 PM
Dont think there is much hope on the run up to Christmas and they cant do anything anyway.

Paula
19-12-15, 11:22 PM
With the sores as well, could this be because you're coming down with something?

Pen
20-12-15, 01:05 AM
I dont know. All I know is that they hurt and I cant sleep. Just cleaned the kitchen and hung H and A's washing up to dry. I an so tired but I just cant sleep.

S deleted
20-12-15, 02:32 AM
I know how that feels

Paula
20-12-15, 08:36 AM
I dont know. All I know is that they hurt and I cant sleep. Just cleaned the kitchen and hung H and A's washing up to dry. I an so tired but I just cant sleep.

Then you need to get an appointment this side of Christmas, Pen. Please call them first thing tomorrow .....

Pen
20-12-15, 10:17 AM
I'll give it a couple of days, I am sure it will settle back down to the bearable level once I can get a bit of rest.

Getting stressed about the weekend now. Elder brother No 2 rang last night to talk about meeting up on Saturday. I did not want to go up to Bristol to his place so he said he would come down. "Thats OK" I thought him and his misses for a few mince pies and coffee... No problem. Then just as we were finishing the conversation he said "Oh I expect we will be coming in three cars..." Seems it is all three of his children and their wives and their children as well as him and my SIL. That makes 14 of them.... Plus my Dad. Youngest kid is nearly 2, oldest is 11. I can just about manage 5 people in my sitting room, plus of course Ember is terrified of children. So everyone will have to go into the Studio which as well as preparing for Christmas I will have to make child proof.

Suzi
20-12-15, 10:30 AM
Oh wow! That is quite different to a couple of people! Is it "just" for coffee and mince pies? Any chance you could change things slightly?

OldMike
20-12-15, 10:55 AM
Wow Pen a couple of people over for coffee and mince pies sounds nice but when you suddenly find a whole tribe is going to arrive that must've taken you aback. I hope you can sort things out and maybe reduce the numbers a little.

Pen
20-12-15, 07:34 PM
Yes just coffee and cake then they will go home for lunch. I will have to let them loose in the studio

Suzi
20-12-15, 07:37 PM
Oh no! Move everything you don't want them to touch!

Pen
20-12-15, 08:58 PM
I will have to tidy up in there anyway ready for Christmas, but it will also mean getting stuff out of reach.

Not good tonight my brain has turned to mush. I had to take hubby through a load of legal documents tonight I have no idea if I was right in what I said...

He did not want to leave this evening as he knows I am not right. I am struggling to string spoken words together, I keep going off into a daze and staring into space, I cant focus on any task for more than a few minutes and I could only eat about 3 forkfuls of my dinner before I gave up. (Ember had a good supper of leftovers!)

Suzi
20-12-15, 09:18 PM
Sweetheart are you coming down with something? Are you physically poorly?

Pen
20-12-15, 09:56 PM
I dont know but this stuff is usually signs of my mental illness kicking in.

Pen
21-12-15, 02:56 AM
Awake now at 3. So tired but can't sleep.

Suzi
21-12-15, 08:59 AM
(bear) Any way you could get to see your Dr at all?

Paula
21-12-15, 09:00 AM
(how are you today?

Pen
21-12-15, 09:24 AM
(bear) Any way you could get to see your Dr at all?

That line implies I have a doctor. Despite what was said at my discharge meeting about talking to the surgery I dont have a named GP. Officially on paper it is a dr who is the head of the practise Dr B. I know him personally (he ran a course on christianity that I went to for two years) and he is a nice enough guy but I dont like him as a dr. Anyway that aside I am not going to waste my time trying to get through on the phone to see someone who wont be able to do anything anyway. I am all mixed up about dr's as far as I am concerned they are all a bunch of charlatans out to make money from sick people. I am not sick I dont need their false concern and chemicals.

OldMike
21-12-15, 10:19 AM
I can see your point Pen getting an appointment is a pain.

As a child I always saw the same doctor, then from my 20's to 40' never went to the doctor much.

Mid 40's on I had a really good doctor I'd always see, since he retired a few years ago and the surgery has expanded and doctors now come and go it is more difficult to see a doctor who knows you and your history.

I am all mixed up about dr's as far as I am concerned they are all a bunch of charlatans out to make money from sick people.

I must take issue with you there Pen most doctors IMO are trying to do a good job but are limited by the time allowed and constraints imposed on them by the NHS structure, targets etc.

April_is_beautiful
21-12-15, 10:37 AM
That line implies I have a doctor. Despite what was said at my discharge meeting about talking to the surgery I dont have a named GP. Officially on paper it is a dr who is the head of the practise Dr B. I know him personally (he ran a course on christianity that I went to for two years) and he is a nice enough guy but I dont like him as a dr. Anyway that aside I am not going to waste my time trying to get through on the phone to see someone who wont be able to do anything anyway. I am all mixed up about dr's as far as I am concerned they are all a bunch of charlatans out to make money from sick people. I am not sick I dont need their false concern and chemicals.

I can relate to your sentiments about doctors, there are some good ones for mental health but from my experience it's probably about 1 in 15. I think genuinely caring people entered the medical field to make a difference but have become jaded and demoralised by the health service and this comes out with the patients. Some doctors have literally spent 4 minutes with me, shoved a prescription in my face and got me out of the office. My official doctor changes every year as they even out the lists. I try to see one particular doctor who seems a bit more wise and human. He can't really help that much but at least the interaction is balanced.

Suzi
21-12-15, 10:48 AM
Pen - I thought you saw a good one a while ago? Are you not on meds anymore?

Pen
21-12-15, 12:40 PM
Yes Dr Baumont but I wont be able to see her again, you have to go with who ever is free. Anyway she did not do anything, she said she would contact the CMHT but she never did. Yes I am still on meds but I have not seen a dr about them since February, they are just on a rolling repeat prescription. I am thinking I will stop taking them in the new year.
I'm sure that there are some good ones out there, but I am also sure that on my records it just says "leave her alone and she will sort herself out eventually" I have seen them numerous times about my blocked ear, my scalp issues and my mouth problems and they never have any idea what to do about any of them. So I have learnt to live with the noise in my ear, try out various different shampoos and suck menthol sweets (menthol acts as a natural anesthetic). As for MH problems I know that there is no point at all in asking for help.

Paula
21-12-15, 01:51 PM
Pen DONT stop your meds without medical support. They do work, you've been well for so long now. This is a dip, yes, but you can and will get through (bear)

Suzi
21-12-15, 03:57 PM
Can you try to get a phone appointment to chase things up and to see if anyone can help with anything. Please don't stop taking your meds if you aren't able to see a regular Dr..

Pen
21-12-15, 05:36 PM
Folks thank you all for your concern but there is nothing the medical profession can do for me so I wont be bothering them. As Paula has said I am sure that this will pass when I have had a break.
I know that what I am feeling at the moment is a relapse of the physical affects I get with my depression. I can barely eat, am hardly drinking, just feel like I am carrying a 10lb lead weight inside me, cant concentrate, struggling with sleep and am just so tired all the time and by 3 in the afternoon I have to lie down for an hour to be able to carry on. If I still feel like this when I get to the end of my break then I may do something but no one would be willing to help when I have just been like this for a week.

rose
21-12-15, 07:08 PM
You sound really stressed out and fed up. (panda)

Pen
21-12-15, 08:21 PM
Posted a load of pictures upon FB of my finished work if you want a look.

rose
21-12-15, 08:26 PM
I did look :) Very nice indeed :)

Suzi
21-12-15, 09:58 PM
Loving your work! Your hearts and the yarn bowls are fantastic!

Pen
21-12-15, 10:14 PM
I have strung the hearts together with some gold and white string and they will be a present for my Dad's girlfriend. Really pleased with how they are coming out, they have been a popular idea with a number of my students and I have been asked to make another set for someone for the new year. I have been investigating soaking porous clay like terracotta in essential oils and in the new year plan to make sets of terracotta hearts with a fragrance ready for valentines day.

rose
21-12-15, 10:15 PM
Oh yes that sounds wonderful!!!

Paula
21-12-15, 10:15 PM
Oh sounds delicious :)

S deleted
21-12-15, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a fab idea.

Pen
21-12-15, 11:26 PM
Sounds like I have a project lined up (wasntme)

At the moment I am just suffering total exhaustion. I did manage to unload and reload the kiln, take photos, do a little tiding up, walk Ember (just the once but that was not my fault she refused to leave the house this morning!) and wrap three presents. I feel really guilty that I can only do about half an hour of stuff before I have to have a sit down and H has been blitzing the studio all day. I am hoping that I will find a bit more energy soon. I did manage to eat a slice of pizza and a few chips this evening which was pretty much all I have had to eat all day. Ember was devastated, yesterday she got a plate filled with mash potato, baked beans and quorn kiev for her tea as I could only manage about three mouthfuls, she sat and watched me eat everything tonight in disgust! I only left the barest trace of mayonaise for her to lick up.

rose
22-12-15, 01:09 AM
I think you need to be a bit kinder to yourself. You're working lots of hours to build up your business and you clearly need a rest. I am glad you ate something (bear)

Pen
22-12-15, 01:15 AM
Talking to H this evening I have decided to give all my customers a calendar for the year of when I will be open and try and give myself a week off every 7 or 8 weeks. Looking back over the last few months it seems that I go about that time before I burn myself out.

Pen
22-12-15, 04:17 AM
Well this sucks. It's just gone 4 and I think I have had about 30 minutes sleep so far tonight. The last time I joined the 4 am club I was in hospital!