PDA

View Full Version : vitamin D

Bardot
14-01-15, 01:10 PM
Just found out today that we get no vitamin D from the sun during winter months.
I am taking multi vitamins anyway. But its worth taking a supplement of vit D during winter. You also get no vit D through glass!I believe vit D can effect your mood.

Hugo-agogo
14-01-15, 03:35 PM
I've been taking vit D over winter, and it has really made a difference with my mood

Bardot
14-01-15, 03:48 PM
Hugo that's great to here. I've been taking supplements for a month. And I am feeling better, but also have new meds for same length of time. So not sure what is helping ! But I'll try anything that might help.

Hugo-agogo
14-01-15, 04:12 PM
I know what you mean, it can be hard to tell, and that goes for a lot of things! But I do objectively say it makes a difference for SAD, and otherwise general winter blues, at least that's what I've found.
A good supplement can help. I did take H&B super vits, and they were good, but so expensive now!

EJ
14-01-15, 08:39 PM
It is worth checking with your GP or pharmacy first because some vitamins are contraindicated with certain medications. I can't take echinacea for example because it is contraindicated with lithium. Best wishes.

Suzi
14-01-15, 09:51 PM
Do definitely talk to your gp though as it's really not good to overdose on it so you might need a blood test first.

rose
14-01-15, 10:26 PM
I might start taking the vit D which I bought then never opened. Maybe that will help me with my mood. The pharmacist said it was ok to take with my medications.

Mrs-Darling
08-08-15, 11:55 PM
I've just been prescribed strong vit d supplement by my GP, following some blood tests showing I was deficient and on doing some reading up found out that it's really important for good mental health. Im going to invest in some good vitamin b complex and glucosamine too to help with my chronic pain and anxiety